Minor crash now WONT start up

Reaction score
Hey guys, first flight yesterday. All was well till i started decent, was coming down ok then started fluttering then lost control straight down in a bush. It took me a minute or two to get to it, while it was down the motors kept trying to spin even though i throttled back all the way. I even tried turning off the RC, not sure if it was a good idea but was trying to get motors to stop spinning. When i finally got to the bird and turned it off all the motors had stopped spinning two of the motors were REALLY hot the other two kinda hot. Smells sort of burnt but not bad, tried powering up all led flash fast - green an audible click - and NOTHING. tried new batt and many other efforts same thing, click then nothing. took lid off no visible burnt ESC or unplugged wires anywhere, im assuming a motor or ESC is shot all motors spin nicely freely, two do smell a little off. So i ordered a motor ESC upgrade going to the 960 motors and replacement ESC from helipal, But want to know which one is shot... Any experience with diagnosing? Oh and its a used bird warranty expired early this month :(

It was a bad idea to turn off the RC. Should have done a CSC instead to turn off the motors right away.

Only way to diagnose is to desolder the power wire from the suspect ESCs and see if the Phantom stays on after doing so.

It was a bad idea to turn off the RC. Should have done a CSC instead to turn off the motors right away.

Only way to diagnose is to desolder the power wire from the suspect ESCs and see if the Phantom stays on after doing so.
Ok thanks I will disconnect the ESCs individually try to power up after each is removed, once it powers up i will know which one is fried. Oh and what is a CSC? & how do you do that?
Thanks in advance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31