Minor Crack Repair - Which JB Weld?

Reaction score
So, I have a P3P (purchased May 2016 if that is relevant to the question) with the beginnings of a crack. Not immediately within the region of the motor screws/mount. A bit further back on the arm - near the outboard end of the LED. Minor right now and there appears to be no loss of stability in the arm. I can twist it around a bit with no flexing at the crack, for example.

Anyway... I want to repair it before and if it gets worse. I've looked at Plast-Aid and Bondic but neither are available locally (I need to do the repair today as I have big flying plans this weekend). So, I'm pretty much limited to what Home Depot has in stock - which is JB Weld.

My question is - can anyone recommend which of the several flavors of JB Weld I should be using?
I can't seem to find what kind of plastic the P3P shell is made of. Yes - I've put some effort into hunting through the many forum threads.

So, I have a P3P (purchased May 2016 if that is relevant to the question) with the beginnings of a crack. Not immediately within the region of the motor screws/mount. A bit further back on the arm - near the outboard end of the LED. Minor right now and there appears to be no loss of stability in the arm. I can twist it around a bit with no flexing at the crack, for example.

Anyway... I want to repair it before and if it gets worse. I've looked at Plast-Aid and Bondic but neither are available locally (I need to do the repair today as I have big flying plans this weekend). So, I'm pretty much limited to what Home Depot has in stock - which is JB Weld.

My question is - can anyone recommend which of the several flavors of JB Weld I should be using?
I can't seem to find what kind of plastic the P3P shell is made of. Yes - I've put some effort into hunting through the many forum threads.
Use a product called Plast-Aid. Available on eBay & some hot tub/spa places.

I would use Marine-tex Flexpoxy. Its a 2 part that comes in a syringe....really easy to use and works really well. Its meant for all types of plastics and bonds strong to the phantom

please take photos before and after the fix. i would like to learn from your photos or even better...video. thanks!

please take photos before and after the fix. i would like to learn from your photos or even better...video. thanks!
No pre-fix photo. I'll try to get an after pic tonight. I did end up using ClearWeld. Simple, quick and easy. I played around with it on two pieces of scrap plastic (no idea how they compare to the P3 shell, I just had them at hand). The stuff is real and created a very strong bond.
I'll report back with results after a few more flights. So far, so good.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl