Mini FPV receiver

Reaction score
Hello pilots!

I'm newbie from Norway. I have bought Phantom 2 just a couple weeks ago. Very excited, lovin' it, but missing FPV.
Allready have received tips about which solution are interesting and usable, but just a couple times ago i've found that one:

FPV Mini 5.8G 150CH Receiver Empfänger UVC Video Down link OTG VR Android Phone | eBay

Do any have some experience with similar stuff? Or maybe better if you have recomendations about some usable system for Android?

Regards, Tunnelsen

Hello pilots!

I'm newbie from Norway. I have bought Phantom 2 just a couple weeks ago. Very excited, lovin' it, but missing FPV.
Allready have received tips about which solution are interesting and usable, but just a couple times ago i've found that one:

FPV Mini 5.8G 150CH Receiver Empfänger UVC Video Down link OTG VR Android Phone | eBay

Do any have some experience with similar stuff? Or maybe better if you have recomendations about some usable system for Android?

Regards, Tunnelsen

If you have a P2 non-vision which operates 2.4GHz you cannot use wifi because it operates on the same frequency and will interfere fight controller. So smart phones and tablets are out for use as receiving 5.8GHz FPV video signals.

The mini receiver in the link you posted may not be compatible with FPV transmetters nor would there be an app for the phone to view video signal.

Noe if you have a P2 vision+ which has it's gimbal, camera and operates on a frequency of 5.8GHz then you can use a smart phone or tablet to view what camera sees.

So for example Boscam receiver 5,8g with thunderbolt sender can be the best solution?

If you truly have a P2 non-vision you will need a gimbal, camera, video transmitter, iOSD and a monitor/receiver to view what the camera sees. So what good is buying a Boscam 2000mw receiver going to do for you if you do not have the rest of the equipment and of course you still cannot use a cell phone nor tablet to view anything from that receiver.

So why don't you start by listing the equipment you have so anyone can help you.

I have zenmuse h3-3d gimbal with gopro 3 black. Mini iOsd as well.

That's a start but what about the rest of the equipment. The iOSD means nothing without a video transmitter nor a monitor to view it.

Yes. That is the reason why i'm asking tips about mini FPV and choosing Boscam system. One or other.
Looks like mini FPV are not the best choice.
So how about Boscam receiver and transmitter? I've cannot find working range in meters. How far i can fly with those?

Yes. That is the reason why i'm asking tips about mini FPV and choosing Boscam system. One or other.
Looks like mini FPV are not the best choice.
So how about Boscam receiver and transmitter? I've cannot find working range in meters. How far i can fly with those?

Well how about a transmitter and a monitor/receiver in one package attached to your controller. Is would be a much simpler system without extra batteries for the receiver and wires all over the place. look Boscam makes such a monitor/receiver as does Flysight. But 2000mw receiver or transmitter is over kill a reasonable transmitter would be 600mw and down as you're not going from here to the moon.

RX-LCD5802 Boscam FPV 5.8G 40CH HD 7" Monitor Receiver Built-in Battery Black | eBay

I have recomendations about this receiver. And Boscam thunderbolt transmitter. Your opinion?

If your on a computer you can see what i am using for an FPV system as it's all listed in red at the bottom of of this post.

I prefer the Flysight Black Pearl 32 channel monitor/receiver as it has a much larger sun hood and the video TX is a 600mw immersion. Using the correct antennas give you the best video reception and distance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94