Mini A8 GPS Tracker

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a tracker for my Phantom too, after reading of so many flying away.

I was looking at the Garmin GTU 10. The first year of service is included in the price, and $45 per year afterwards.

Sorry to hear about your Phantom loss btw, I hope you find it.

I've just ordered a Garmin GTU10. I saw somewhere else that someone was using one on a Phantom. They had it strapped to the legs. Once it arrives I'll test it in anger. I live in high mountains with large forests so should be able to put it through its paces. Like any GPS it needs line of sight to the satellites so won't be infallible.

I have another use for it in that it would be handy for the wife to keep track of us when I have a Motorcycle Tour out so my dinner is ready when I get back ;) If you can hold on a bit I'll let you know if you are wasting your money.

Battery life seems good, as does accuracy but I will try it in some nooks and crannies. The service charge appeals compared to many others. It only gets knocked down below 3 other makes in reviews because it can only record tracks for up to 7 days. Not being someone who disappears of the face of the earth for weeks on end that is of no importance for me.

I think I'm gonna go with a BLUtracker once they release them... no fees, half mile range, instant location readings on iPhone. Plus... very little extra weight on board.

I discounted the Blutracker due to the limited .5 mile limitation.

If it disappears like yours did, it could easily go much further, and I don't want to have to get within .5 mile to get a
signal from it.

Hi Ali,

I'm looking at GPS trackers now and am considering either a GTU 10 or Loc8tor GPS.

How has the testing on yours gone?

Thanks

Hi Gene,

Yeah, I found your post after I posted..

I've ordered a GTU-10 and will be trialling it tomorrow.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31