Mind of its own

Reaction score
Flew to 250' shut down DJI GO, opened Drone Pan, took i panorama.
Upon shot 34 I moved from P to S on controller loaded DJI GO and flew back towards home.
Did not seem to have control of Phantom 4 Pro.
Managed to make a right turn over home point, but no further control. P4P proceeded away from me despite
hitting RTH and going from S to A and back. Thought sure I was going to lose it, but it finally came to a stop quite a way away. Flying it toward home it would only move 5 mph, so I hit RTH and it flew back over head.
I then dropped RTH and tried to control it manually, but still had crawl speed and very slow decent.
I figured I would run out of battery before I could land it at that rate so I hit RTH again and waited till it got to 20' when I took over manual control and landed it using its diminished properties grateful to get it back.
Is it possible it went into beginner mode by itself?
During the event at one point I go an error signal that I was x feet above ground and did I want to land?
Since I was over 200 feet in the air I said no.
Scared to fly it again.
Hank

Is it possible it went into beginner mode by itself?
No.

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Not familiar with how to upload flight log, and instructions didn't help me.
I hit the Export CVC icon on my IPad and it gave me CVC_2017-08-27_[16-04-27].cvc
reading the log manually. I got;
weak GPS signal (tho I show 16 satellites)
FlightWorkingIMUheading exception please switch to anti mode if aircraft behaves abnormally.
Compass error Warning Exit P gps mode.
It did a bunch of spins, then I flew it back at <5 mph until I did the RTH thing .
Warnings about wind velocity, but it wasn't that strong and RTH brought it back at high speed.
Don't have a working Twitter account as i am hesitant to put CC info on it.

Not familiar with how to upload flight log, and instructions didn't help me.
What you've added isn't much use in working out the issue but the flight data will be.
If you want help and to find out what happened so you won't have that problem again, find someone more familiar with computers and get them to help you upload your flight record to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Then come back and post a link.
The instructions aren't very hard, to follow.

ps No-one asked anything about Twitter or credit cards. You don't need either to fly or get tech help here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl