Mid-air collision Copter vs Goose

Reaction score
http://vimeo.com/65234639

I was flying this morning in a field I hadn't been to before. Being still new to the quadcopter, I was getting in some flight time.
I had set the go pro to Medium for a field of view (just wanted to see how that would look). As I fly across the field, I notice a large goose had landed and I thought maybe he'd be in the shot. I stayed about 50 feet away, believing that a goose would surely take down a phantom.

As I made my first pass the bird lifted off, and started heading for the copter. I decided that he was protecting his territory and I had better move away. As you'll see, he chased the copter (at one point you'll see it's wing right up next to the phantom) and they made contact and I lost control of the copter, and it bumped the ground. I wish the camera was set to the wide view, then you'd probably see more of the attack

Lesson learned, avoid fields with goose droppings. You never know when they'll return and how pissed off you're copter might make them. I'm sure in a fight, goose vs phantom, the goose wins every time.

For what it's worth, the goose and the copter were unharmed.

That goose sure did try to take a whack at the Phantom. Geese and swans are mean critters. Not that they can do much harm but they sure get my heart rate up when they come charging or even get close enough to give a quick nip.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie