Micro SD for P3

Reaction score
Hi All,

I assume the P3 does not come with a memory card, should I be looking for any specific type of card in regards to speed of card, ie 30MB/sec?

it comes with a 16GB. you want to buy the fastest one possible, so a class 10. i/o speed is what will dictate the price (size as well but I assume you'd want the 64GB which is the max the P3 will support), so pick one that fits your budget. Fastest ones out right now can do around 90mb/s

Hi All,

I assume the P3 does not come with a memory card, should I be looking for any specific type of card in regards to speed of card, ie 30MB/sec?

The P3 does include a 16GB Micro SD. The camera can take up to a 64GB SD if you are looking for more space. Make sure you are always using a Class 10 Micro SD.

A card like this one will work.

Per the Phantom 3 specs, DJI recommends the following:
"Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required"

Last edited:
Does it matter if I go 30MB/sec or would 60 be better?
the faster, the better. if you already own the 30, try it out and see if you notice any issues recording video at max resolution. if you're looking to buy new, get the fastest one you can afford.

Faster will be better. I bought a Lexar on Amazon deal of the day that is 95MB/s, which was Class 10 / UHS-1 rated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31