Michigan (Detroit Area)

Thread seems a bit outdated, but figured I'd try.

I will be traveling to visit some family in Michigan and check out a few places. Wanted to see if anyone had tips on areas to go/check out that are worth capturing some photos/video or if they know of ways to get approved to fly in parks or something that aren't always easy to get approval on.

I will be spending some time in Detroit, Frankenmuth, Mackinac Island, and Traverse City for sure.

*Edit: I had a few other questions so I just made a new thread in general discussion. If you have comments for me it might be better to post there so it doesn't clutter the Michigan residents that this thread was originally created for. Link to thread*

Last edited:
I'm in Saint Clair Shores. Been practicing out at Memorial Park. Planning to go to Belle Isle, also downtown Detroit to see if I can't find a safe place to snap some arials of Campus Martius. Also a few river front parks that look safe enough to fly around.

West Riverfront Park - Detroit
Google Maps
Hello. my name is KJ and I have a phantom 3 professional that I'm trying to operate I really need some one with experience that will be willing to help me out to get my phantom 3 off the ground I live in Detroit but I'm in Saint Clair Shores all the time. I have tried the DJI support and youtube but still unsuccessful. Hopefully you will be willing to help but if not willing to give some info where I can. Thanks. email - kj6802att.net or text 3132153355.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic