Messed up my camera settings on P3 Pro

Reaction score
I have been trying to research the manual settings for my P3 professional. Just took it out for a flight with some video and photos and was adjusting the wheel for camera settings on the right-hand side. What i ended up with is over and under exposed shots. If I have the camera on auto now is there a way to reset back to original settings? Also curious if there are any experts out there that feel like making adjustments in flight is necessary rather than just adjust in post? Thanks in advance for any assistance!!

I have been trying to research the manual settings for my P3 professional. Just took it out for a flight with some video and photos and was adjusting the wheel for camera settings on the right-hand side. What i ended up with is over and under exposed shots. If I have the camera on auto now is there a way to reset back to original settings? Also curious if there are any experts out there that feel like making adjustments in flight is necessary rather than just adjust in post? Thanks in advance for any assistance!!
Auto is the original settings... but if you still think you need to reset the camera, there is a "reset camera" option in the settings menu.

Even in Auto mode, the wheel can increase or decrease exposure. Check the EV setting (right under the System Status display) and turn the wheel to make it 0 to get no exposure compensation.

Thanks for your responses, I found the reset button 5 min after posting, should have found on my own. As far as the EV setting, I need to do more research but would be interested on your perspective if you use the "over exposure warning" which creates the zebra stripes. If you use this function are you adjusting the camera on the fly to change exposure or pushing wheel to adjust shutter speed? I presume the auto function should limit the need to make adjustments for those of us who don't have the knowledge, yet, regarding manual adjustments for the camera settings. I know there are tutorials out there, just need to find the time. As always, thanks for taking the time to respond, much appreciated!

Regards,
Brad

I do use the over exposure warning. The histogram is also a useful tool. Nothing ruins an otherwise nice scenery picture than overexposed clouds in the sky. Both the over exposure warning and the histogram help prevent that.

I do use the over exposure warning. The histogram is also a useful tool. Nothing ruins an otherwise nice scenery picture than overexposed clouds in the sky. Both the over exposure warning and the histogram help prevent that.

I get the histogram, and I agree - it's a very good tool. However, I think only the iOS (Apple) users can set the zebra stripes for overexposure. Those of us with Android devices still can't utilize that option.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic