Merely an observation

M

Melvoid

This has little or nothing to do with operation, technical stuff, etc. It's just an observation.

A few weeks ago, in an episode of "Big Bang Theory," Howard and Raj found a crashed Phantom in Howard's yard. Being an engineer, Howard fixed it and with an "old remote" he happened to just have laying around, they got it running. They found the attractive lady who owned it and Raj managed to get her phone number when he returned it to her.

Then, she viewed a video taken while they were testing it, and she heard Raj making naughty remarks about her, and that was the end of the episode.

Earlier in the show, Howard was bragging about his wife's ability to catch continuity errors in TV shows and movies. Well, this was a Phantom 3 or 4, with its own camera... and it picked up their conversation. My P3 has no microphones. It also managed to pick up their conversation over the motor noise, and the 'copter was at least 10 feet away and flying.

Howard should've got Bernadette to catch THAT continuity error.

I TOLD you this had nothing to do with anything....;)

Reactions: oconnb
Well I constantly am deleting overheard conversations from my sd card.

Well I constantly am deleting overheard conversations from my sd card.
Maybe if you were using a GoPro? But not with the built on board camera. However with the mavic pro you can get sound through the remote/phone and the low resolution video that you get back.

This has little or nothing to do with operation, technical stuff, etc. It's just an observation.

A few weeks ago, in an episode of "Big Bang Theory," Howard and Raj found a crashed Phantom in Howard's yard. Being an engineer, Howard fixed it and with an "old remote" he happened to just have laying around, they got it running. They found the attractive lady who owned it and Raj managed to get her phone number when he returned it to her.

Then, she viewed a video taken while they were testing it, and she heard Raj making naughty remarks about her, and that was the end of the episode.

Earlier in the show, Howard was bragging about his wife's ability to catch continuity errors in TV shows and movies. Well, this was a Phantom 3 or 4, with its own camera... and it picked up their conversation. My P3 has no microphones. It also managed to pick up their conversation over the motor noise, and the 'copter was at least 10 feet away and flying.

Howard should've got Bernadette to catch THAT continuity error.

I TOLD you this had nothing to do with anything....;)
LOL I have seen that episode and also noticed that plus the fact that he was able to use a non DJI remote with the DJI product is pretty amazing LOL

Maybe if you were using a GoPro? But not with the built on board camera. However with the mavic pro you can get sound through the remote/phone and the low resolution video that you get back.
(It was rhetorical, and meant to be humorous....) Do you keep "audio" of your drone footage?.....

(It was rhetorical, and meant to be humorous....) Do you keep "audio" of your drone footage?.....
Obviously, but it's the kind of thing I notice. I'm always spotting shadows from the overhead microphones or unevenly burned cigarettes or depleted drinks. It's a curse.

When I had a Phantom 1 with a GoPro, I always had audio of the motors. When I edited it down, I usually removed that, but sometimes I'd just quiet it down and add music or VO or something like that. There were places when it was kind of dramatic to have the motor sound. I've got a few long audio tracks for future reference. Never know.

LOL I have seen that episode and also noticed that plus the fact that he was able to use a non DJI remote with the DJI product is pretty amazing LOL
I'll have to check that again. I saw the remote but didn't pay close attention. All I remember is that it was white.

(I always look at the backdrops)
Did you see that reflection, the shadow?
The guys necktie... it was red in the last shot.

Just talking about sound. One thing I did a lot when I used the GoPro was to leave the startup and takeoff sound in the finished video, and THEN fade it out as music or other audio faded in. Kind of a neat effect if you don't overdo it..

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Yes, that's the job of the Gopro, or phone, or dash cam. Environmental essence is awesome when used timely.

I sold the P1, but kept the GoPro. It's an older Hero 3, but I still use it all the time. Great little camera. Batteries are getting hard to find, though. GoPRo doesn't support them anymore. I found one yesterday at BatteriesPlus.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik