MCU battery error

Reaction score
I'm getting spooked. Many times when I'm flying using the ultimate flight app I get a MCU battery error and I notice that when this occurs the leds switch from green to red and I'm worried my bird is going to fall out of the sky but in a split second it corrects itself and this happens with more than one battery should I be worried?

Last edited:
Try CONTACT CLEANER ( plastic safe ) on your battery connections, com ports ( 2 pin pads ) and your bird connections! Maybe dirty terminals?

Could be a cell going bad in your battery?

Hook it to assistant, check your cell voltage there! Each cell should be close to each other!

J Dot

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Thank you for your suggestions. My 2+ is brand new 30 flights so far and the battery contacts appear pristine. The error reproduces itself with more than 1 battery and only when I use the ultimate flight app. My concerns are the following:

1 = I prefer the ultimate flight app but am too scared to use it
2 = I was willing to overlook the error until I saw my phantom LEDs change color albeit just for a split second
3 = this problem does not manifest itself using the dji app but is that because dji works seamlessly or is it because dji app does not tell me the whole truth - as postulated by all 3rd party vendors when confronted with evidence of their software glitching...
4 = I want somebody to tell me my bird will not fall out of the sky with an 80 percent full battery just because the ultimate flight app is having a bad day and I only care because the ultimate app is better and because other people must be experiencing the same thing and we should all stop using the ultimate app if its dangerous
5 = remember I saw the LEDs change color. This is not just a software misunderstanding my phantom truly believed that the battery was invalid for a split second

It can be connectors problem, not contacts. Mine (Phantom 2 Vision plus V3.0 ) had same problems with all 3 batteries I have. Cleaned contacts a lot of time: no success. Finally bring drone to dealer and they were able to reproduce problem with they own batteries also. Before replacing battery contacts, they suggested to check all power related wires connectors (just to take them out, put back, or just slightly move in case connector was covered with silicone glue: battery data connector phantom board side). After doing this problem was gone. Made more than 30 flights after that and no problems.
After some conversation with dealer, I have a feeling, that it's was problematic small battery data connector which one side connect to battery and the other connect to phantom board (this one covered with glue).
And, by my opinion, it's not related to ultimate flight app: this app only passes error messages, maybe without any filtering, using dji sdk, not produces them.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I'm getting spooked. Many times when I'm flying using the ultimate flight app I get a MCU battery error

You have me worried now too..

I have read the instruction manual a bunch of times but I have never heard of an "MCU battery error."

I have heard of IMU but not associated with a battery error? Is this some kind of IMU battery error you mean maybe?

Maybe MCU means motor control unit? what is that?

What is that? How do you know (other than red lights after you are somehow alerted) you have this?

Might I have it too?

Please explain what an MCU batt error is and how you know you have it.

thank you.

Hey!
Nerius says its a physical problem with my bird and possibly glue - see above - and i think he's right. My bird was brand new and together we have about 50 flights together and i got 3 batteries. Very soon if not immediately after i bought the ultimate app i started getting mcu battery error messages when using it. Not always with the same battery!!! I ignored it for a while until as mentioned i got one of those messages when bringing it for a landing and thats when i saw the leds change color for a slpit second. I look down to click on ok in the error box and before i can click it everything goes back to normal.

So i stopped using it but ive read that the non dji apps might actually show stuff the dji apps dont show - in other words that the problem might still be there but the dji app hides it from me. But then nerius got me thinking so i looked inside there with a flashlight and shook it up a bit and blew as much air as i could inside and it seemed to me like a little fine white powder was blowing around in there.

Since then had about 5 flights so far with the ultimate app including one like 10 mins ago and no error messages. I've never flown anything before so i beat this drone up pretty good at first but she flies great and i really think i got a good tough old bird here. I like to think thats all she needed but if i get another error i'm not sure what i'm going to do im flying at like 350 feet above highways and peoples houses etc.

Invalid battery/Battery communication errors started appearing again when flying on windy days: noticed just yesterday: was quit windy here. (It's partially good, that when weather is not windy: everything is OK: checked today), but I want to fix this problem permanently, so ordered battery connector replacement: suppose it is problematic and data pins are not always making good connection with battery, but, of course, it's not 100% sure.

If your v3 owners I think its new motors (2312) doing something...maybr trying to use to much powet..i use DJI app and get error....battery cha ges from say 80% to 0%..app goes red...lefs on quad goes led...but yet it still hoons along at full speed....not sure really...fresh batteries seem to resokve..but you guys have pretty fresh batteries.....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic