MaxxUAV.com now carries ItElite Antennas!

I am interested in an upgrade for my Phantom 4 - How does this compare to the other kits on the market? i.e FPVLR

Stealthmatt, you'll get mixed opinions, but I've personally tested both and they're both very comparable in range. Comes down to personal preference & cost.

Oh NOW I'm more understanding. So the video is prior to the pass-thru connections? I couldn't figure out how I was going to drill holes AND utilize the pass-thru plugs. Much more clear after the pictures. Whew :)

Thank you to everyone trying to help us out on this thread. I think I can do this :)
Yeah, the video only shows the drilling hole method. I'm sure you can do it. Just take your time and pre-plan (ex. watch the installation video). Just ask if you have questions :)

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks for the photos, that helps. Are those plugs a press fit? I don't see any securing method on the inside to keep the sma connectors from popping out, but I assume there's something to prevent that, right?

Thanks for the photos, that helps. Are those plugs a press fit? I don't see any securing method on the inside to keep the sma connectors from popping out, but I assume there's something to prevent that, right?
John, they snap into place. They were designed with the same fitment as the stock antenna.

Stealthmatt, you'll get mixed opinions, but I've personally tested both and they're both very comparable in range. Comes down to personal preference & cost.

The FPVLR is a good kit... But they're bulky, and not as rugged. DBS ITELITE kit is rock solid, smooth, compact etc. you can boost or not etc. I love the DBS because it snaps into two pieces and fits easily into my hard case from GoProfessional!

From the research I did the units produce similar results. If you want a sleeker, low profile antenna you can't beat a stand alone DBS ITELITE antenna. Also the install is identical on the controller. I drilled holes last time, and this time I'm using the solid plug pass through deal from MaxxUAV. Last time I saved my stock antennas in case I wanted to put them back. Now I know once you do this there is zero chance you'd ever do that. Unless you were returning to DJI or something.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: BigAl07
What the difference between the DJI ItElite and something like the DJI Evo Kit V2? Is the ItElite on its own good enough?

What the difference between the DJI ItElite and something like the DJI Evo Kit V2? Is the ItElite on its own good enough?

The ItElite alone is very good. Someone was able to reach 25,000 feet with just the ItElite on a P4. The Evo Kit uses amplifiers to help in those trouble areas where there is radio interference. For instance, I was able to reach 11,000 feet with just the ItElite. Using the amplifiers, I went over 14,000 feet with perfect signal and had to return home because of the battery.

Is the installation of the ItElite destructive to the controller at all? If I use it for my P3 Pro then decide to get a P4 at some point, could I restore the P3 controller to the way it was if I wanted to sell it or something? I'd also assume I could then just use the ItElite with the P4 controller?

Is the installation of the ItElite destructive to the controller at all? If I use it for my P3 Pro then decide to get a P4 at some point, could I restore the P3 controller to the way it was if I wanted to sell it or something? I'd also assume I could then just use the ItElite with the P4 controller?

With the antenna plugs we give with the antennas it's a non-destructive modification. Just have to be careful when removing the stock antennas. They're a bit of a pain to remove. The plugs take place of the stock antennas. The ItElite works with P3 Adv / Pro, Inspire 1, P4, and Matrice.

Jake, is the "DJI ItElite Range Booster" kit everything we need in one kit? Nothing else to buy what so ever to do this mod (other than tools etc).

That is correct. It will include both the solid and open plugs.

Jake - CEO Maxx UAV

Reactions: Cale262
Jake, would REALLY like to see a Comparison Table between Evo V2 Plus - Evo V2 - ItElite Range Booster.

Something similar to this: Compare the Phantom Series | DJI

I find those extremely educational and helpful, especially when you're torn between which product will suit your needs the most.

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Just ordered the basic one. I actually have a 13400 anker; so how much and what extra parts would I need to go full v2 evo plus?

So basically the evo plus gives you 2 boosters, appropriate connectors, usb power connects to power the boosters and the mounting bracket equipment to mount it all on the controller. IMO you would be better to just buy the kit with the 13400 anker (Even though you have one) as its all proven to work and not some chinese knock off on eBay and your supporting a great company in the process.

Having said that, I have used boosters before and while it is excellent range, it adds more bulk, weight and time to flying (need to remember to charge the booster battery/anker).

I really think the stage 1 mod is enough for most.

So bascailly the evo plus gives you 2 boosters, approprite connectors, usb power connects to power the boosters and the mounting bracket equipment to mount it all on the controller. IMO you would be better to just buy the kit with the 13400 anker (Even though you have one) as its all proven to work and not some chinese knock off on eBay and your supporting a great company in the process.

umm I was planning on getting the other parts from them :) My 13400 is two weeks old and I'm sure it's fine.

umm I was planning on getting the other parts from them :) My 13400 is two weeks old and I'm sure it's fine.

send JakeMaxxUAV a message on here and im sure he can minus the cost of it off the package with a coupon and work it out to send it to you. He is a great person and really went that extra step for me.

I asked if he could test it to make sure it works before he sent it and he had no problems doing so and is sending it out today :D

send JakeMaxxUAV a message on here and im sure he can minus the cost of it off the package with a coupon and work it out to send it to you. He is a great person and really went that extra step for me.

I asked if he could test it to make sure it works before he sent it and he had no problems doing so and is sending it out today :D

nice

I make precisely $0 on the battery anyway haha! I looked into getting them wholesale and minimum order was $10,000... I don't quite sell enough to justify that haha! So, you would need the two 2.4Ghz amplifiers & mount. Also depending on where you've placed your Coax posts, you may need the custom blue antenna cables.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav