MaxxUAV.com ItElite MaxxRange Availability

60c98b22a2b383e9dfbab24d9565d965.jpg

5 batteries plus the MaxxRange antenna!

In a compact case

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Where do you put the tablet ?

Reactions: Santiego
Change it to Auto and try again. Another customer was using channel 31/30 and his results were pretty bad. He changed it to Auto and was able to go 6 miles. I think the larger panel is picky about what channel it's using. Couldn't tell you why though, I need to look into it.

So you do or do. It recommend the 32 channel modification with your panels?

You can still do the mod. I'm just saying the MaxxRange doesn't work well on some of the channels. I always leave mine on Auto and haven't had a problem.

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV

I contacted Jake regarding not getting the range expected from the maxx in open field los. I followed his direction on leaving the channel to auto instead of ch32 that I was using. This made all the difference in my case, getting solid video and radio signal up to 15000 feet where I turned back due to battery.

So I can vouch for his advice on the channel vs range, at least in my case.

well my maxxrange struggled at 2miles. I am not sure if its the radio or something. I have the 300GLA version.

well my maxxrange struggled at 2miles. I am not sure if its the radio or something. I have the 300GLA version.

I got the maxx unboosted from Jake. If I fly from the front of the house, it outlast my battery no problem.

If I fly from the back of the house where there are houses and trees, I get just over a mile. Slightly better than stock. I knew I wouldn't get much improvement where there are a lot of obstructions without boosters.

So depending on the area you fly you may need to get boosters for extra penetration.

My opinion on modifying antennas on p3p or the A:

Without a battery mod, the stock antenna will outlast your battery in open areas with LOS. The only reason I see in getting antenna mod is to get better range in urban or areas with obstructions, in which case boosters become a must, IMO. Or if you want to go further than stock antenna in open areas, in which case you must get a battery mod also!

You can still do the mod. I'm just saying the MaxxRange doesn't work well on some of the channels. I always leave mine on Auto and haven't had a problem.

I did some testing today with interesting results.
First, SWR of the Maxx panel antenna. Minimum SWR was 1.4 at 2490mhz. In the 2400-2500mhz range used by the RC for transmitting to the drone, the worst SWR was 2.2. It seems the panel is tuned for 2490 whereas 2450 would be ideal.

As far as video receive, I measured received signal strength at one of the antenna ports with the P4 sending video from about 30 feet away. I saw the best received signal strength at the lowest channel numbers (my meter can't read below channel 3), dropping off only slightly across the full range of channels. up to 32.

Finally, I did a test with one Maxx antenna port disconnected from the RC. Note that 1 RC port is transmit and receive, while the other is receive only. I made sure that I disconnected the receive only port. I did not see any reduction in range from using only 1 antenna. In fact I got out to 12,000 feet and still had signal. Previous best was 11,000. This is in an area with trees.

Note, only try this if you know for sure which is the transmit port on your RC..

In a compact case

Hey,
Is that a goprofessional case?
I'm looking for a case that can carry p3p with the maxx range mod.
My best choice would be a case just for the rc mounted with the maxx. That way I don't have to keep taking the panel off and on, which I'm sure will one day mess up the cables!

Any thoughts?
Thx

In a compact case

That is a nuclear code/ bazooka case and you still have to take your antennas off and you can't carry your laptop ..
I see the point for everyday use but if you have to hike 10 miles to shoot or riding a motorcycle , it wouldn't work

Does anyone know what the delivery time to the UK are with these? min e been sat in Customes for over a week, well that what the tracking details say.

I did some testing today with interesting results.
First, SWR of the Maxx panel antenna. Minimum SWR was 1.4 at 2490mhz. In the 2400-2500mhz range used by the RC for transmitting to the drone, the worst SWR was 2.2. It seems the panel is tuned for 2490 whereas 2450 would be ideal.

As far as video receive, I measured received signal strength at one of the antenna ports with the P4 sending video from about 30 feet away. I saw the best received signal strength at the lowest channel numbers (my meter can't read below channel 3), dropping off only slightly across the full range of channels. up to 32.

Finally, I did a test with one Maxx antenna port disconnected from the RC. Note that 1 RC port is transmit and receive, while the other is receive only. I made sure that I disconnected the receive only port. I did not see any reduction in range from using only 1 antenna. In fact I got out to 12,000 feet and still had signal. Previous best was 11,000. This is in an area with trees.

Note, only try this if you know for sure which is the transmit port on your RC..
That is very interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Jake I'm having trouble with my antenna I purchased from you, I'm only getting 750 or so miles before the newest update, flew yesterday and to go over 7500 feet before lost of signal this is just flying in a suburban neighborhood could there be a defect in the unit.
Thanks
David Duval

The Itelite antennas work great.

I have the Maxx Range antenna and I was able to fly only about 7500 feet from my back porch if I was lucky. I then walked out to a more open area near my house and was able to fly out 3.91 miles with full bars still using the latest firmware.

So the antennas are good but your environment and obstructions really affects how much range you get.

Make sure the internal antenna connectors are seated good.

Im now fully satisfied with the Maxx range Antenna.

Jake I'm having trouble with my antenna I purchased from you, I'm only getting 750 or so miles before the newest update, flew yesterday and to go over 7500 feet before lost of signal this is just flying in a suburban neighborhood could there be a defect in the unit.
Thanks
David Duval

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Hey,
Is that a goprofessional case?
I'm looking for a case that can carry p3p with the maxx range mod.
My best choice would be a case just for the rc mounted with the maxx. That way I don't have to keep taking the panel off and on, which I'm sure will one day mess up the cables!

Any thoughts?
Thx

This is the GoProfessional Phantom 3 Plus case...but it won't fit the MAXX while installed.

image_zpsizh5hnjx.jpeg

Last edited:
Where do you put the tablet ?

I don't, I keep my iPad with me. It's a iPad Pro 12" one so I use it for everything. I don't want it in my case. But I could easily fit it in the front probably.

The Itelite antennas work great.

I have the Maxx Range antenna and I was able to fly only about 7500 feet from my back porch if I was lucky. I then walked out to a more open area near my house and was able to fly out 3.91 miles with full bars still using the latest firmware.

So the antennas are good but your environment and obstructions really affects how much range you get.

Im now fully satisfied with the Maxx range Antenna.
Great flight

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The joint of the wire to the connector of the Clean Install kit is very fragile where it is soldered to the connector, so you need to be careful when installing. If I do my other controller I will put some hot glue on that joint first thing before starting the install process.

To provide a secure fit so they don't twist and damage the internal connection when screwing the antenna cables on and off, I added a larger washer (purchased at Ace Hardware) so the nut seats evenly on the "chrome" ring which allows it to be tightened enough to prevent the twisting.
IMG_0485.JPG

This was after replacing the first set of cables which I damaged with the twisting. They don't have to be broken off to have a damaged wire. They still worked for close flights, but distance was limited regardless of which antenna was used. I am now able to go as far as the battery will allow with no signal loss.

Reactions: Zuzua
The joint of the wire to the connector of the Clean Install kit is very fragile where it is soldered to the connector, so you need to be careful when installing. If I do my other controller I will put some hot glue on that joint first thing before starting the install process.

To provide a secure fit so they don't twist and damage the internal connection when screwing the antenna cables on and off, I added a larger washer (purchased at Ace Hardware) so the nut seats evenly on the "chrome" ring which allows it to be tightened enough to prevent the twisting.
View attachment 57921

This was after replacing the first set of cables which I damaged with the twisting. They don't have to be broken off to have a damaged wire. They still worked for close flights, but distance was limited regardless of which antenna was used. I am now able to go as far as the battery will allow with no signal loss.
Hey @RocketBrew , we made some upgrades to the cable and we addressed those exact issues you described :) We increased the diameter of the washer and also doubled the thickness, so it goes over the silver ring. We also added a post where the solder is so it's much less fragile.

For those who have are having any issues with the first version of the internal cables, they have a lifetime warranty, just contact me to get a replacement :)

Hey @RocketBrew , we made some upgrades to the cable and we addressed those exact issues you described :) We increased the diameter of the washer and also doubled the thickness, so it goes over the silver ring. We also added a post where the solder is so it's much less fragile. For those who have are having any issues with the first version of the internal cables, they have a lifetime warranty, just contact me to get a replacement :)
When I first had this issue, I contacted Jake to see if he could make a 3D printed insert to firm up the connection.

Jake replied surprisingly fast, and suggested using the larger washer, which also took care of the problem I had with the chrome ring slipping off.

After reinstalling with the washer worked out so well, I have been recommending it here to others that were having similar issues with their installation.

This quick response of getting a revised design implemented in just a few weeks, then providing it as a replacement to customers who had a problem at no cost is another great example of why Jake has earned a reputation for great customer service.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20