Maxx UAV - Secret Battery Mod!

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm finally able to release some pictures of the secret battery mod we've been working on the past few months. We're trying to gauge interest so we can determine volume and price point. If you don't mind, could you take a quick survey?

Click here to go to survey: Maxx UAV Battery Mod

Also, keep in mind the only other option available right now is a $250 mod that has irreversible damage by soldering and drilling.

I expect a lot of questions, and some I will not be able to answer.

Much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_2496.JPG
    IMG_2496.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 2,988
  • IMG_2492.JPG
    IMG_2492.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 3,024
  • IMG_2493.JPG
    IMG_2493.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 3,095
  • IMG_2495.JPG
    IMG_2495.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 3,171
Forgive me for sounding like an idiot, but what does this secret Battery Mod do for my Phantom ??

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Haha! Sorry, I guess that would have been helpful information? It adds the ability to add two external batteries for more flight time and battery backups. It's estimated to be anywhere from 30-50 minutes total flight time depending on what battery you pair it with.

Reactions: Corey Berg
Sorry, I still don't get it. Does this allow me to use a different more powerful non-DJI battery or does it allow me to add another stock DJI battery which the P4 would switch over to in flight effectively doubling the flight time or neither ? Wouldn't the addtl weight from another battery and holder cancel out a significant amount of extra flying time ?

Reactions: Double_DoubleG
Looks like two different models/versions in the photos. I think I can a answer the question.

The piece you see in the "separate" photos, that plugs into the existing battery opening and attaches to the landing gear on both sides. Two non-DJI batteries are attached to it and ride below, between the struts of the landing gear. A regular DJI battery plugs into this and all three run in parallel to increase power duration.

Reactions: Corey Berg
Sorry, I still don't get it. Does this allow me to use a different more powerful non-DJI battery or does it allow me to add another stock DJI battery which the P4 would switch over to in flight effectively doubling the flight time or neither ? Wouldn't the addtl weight from another battery and holder cancel out a significant amount of extra flying time ?

It adds two additional batteries while still using the stock battery. Some batteries you can reference are Nano Tech 2.2 and MaxAmps. It does add additional weight, yes, so that does factor in to flight time.

Looks like two different models/versions in the photos. I think I can a answer the question.

The piece you see in the "separate" photos, that plugs into the existing battery opening and attaches to the landing gear on both sides. Two non-DJI batteries are attached to it and ride below, between the struts of the landing gear. A regular DJI battery plugs into this and all three run in parallel to increase power duration.

Nailed it! Haha. And yeah, there were some revisions in between pictures.

Excellent work Jake but that's to be expected from you guys! ! !

Total newbie here so perhaps my question is dumb. But as an engineer I gotta ask.....would't having an extra battery strapped to one side of the drone make it very unbalanced? Seems like it would be a bugger to fly if not impossible

Reactions: Double_DoubleG
Total newbie here so perhaps my question is dumb. But as an engineer I gotta ask.....would't having an extra battery strapped to one side of the drone make it very unbalanced? Seems like it would be a bugger to fly if not impossible
It's designed to have two additional batteries, so it balances out.

Ok so if I am understanding that correctly IF you used this add on you would always fly it with two extra batteries. The photo is just to show you what it looks like. Correct?
Exactly, sorry for the confusion! I should have one to test by the end of the week. I'll post more photos and a video then.

All. In.

Not a long distance guy, but flight time? Hells yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rossco83

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.