Maximum Altitude?

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the firmware in the new Phantom 3 limits the maximum altitude you can ascend to, or can it still be managed in the software setup screens? I have a Phantom 2, and I haven't updated the firmware in ages because I'm afraid my altitude will be restricted.

Reactions: damoncooper
Hi for all. What maximum attitude Phantom vision 2+ v3 in stock antennas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can adjust the stock PV2+ settings to go pretty much as high as you want, that won't be your issue, it will be signal strength. On a clear day with moderate interference (in suburbs) it can range anywhere from 900-1800 ft. On the few times I have tried you have to battle the return-to-home as you push higher as you will lose connection to controller 10+ times. By battle I mean toggling S1 switch up and down to regain control to push higher. IMO, it is a recipe for a fly away. I won't bother commenting on any of the regulatory or safety aspects as that is your perogitive.

On the P3 Professional the settings will prevent you from exceeding 500M or approx 1,640 ft. There is no question it would go higher but again regulations govern that decision by DJI. I imagine someone will come up with a way to exceed that limitation if that have not done it already and are keeping to themselves for obvious reasons.

Hopefully that was helpful, hit me up if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Brad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.