Mavic question

Reaction score
Other then the compact size is there any reason to get a mavic over a phantom 4 series drone? Or should I say is there anything negative about the mavic? Does the phantom do anything better? I heard the camera is better but is that it? They both use the same app I know. Just wondering if a foldable drone isn't a big deal to me would I be better off getting one of the 4's? Not necessarily a pro but any of them. Thanks in advance.

Other then the compact size is there any reason to get a mavic over a phantom 4 series drone? Or should I say is there anything negative about the mavic? Does the phantom do anything better? I heard the camera is better but is that it? They both use the same app I know. Just wondering if a foldable drone isn't a big deal to me would I be better off getting one of the 4's? Not necessarily a pro but any of them. Thanks in advance.

The guy to answer this would be @dirkclod, one of the mods. I think he loves his Mavic so much he probably sleeps with it.....[emoji33][emoji33]

....how 'bout it Dirk......can you answer @Eyeonyou' s questions??

Reactions: dirkclod
If it's just for fun get the Mavic , if you're really serious about photography and plan to develop even possibly enlarge pictures then the P4P...

So is it just the camera that's better then? What about a standard phantom 4?

Yes the camera is better bigger sensors on the P4 , but again unless you're doing a lot of photography the Mavic will serve you well I just got mine and really like it so far...

What about all this stuff about geo fence option being gone, app crashing, force updates, blah blah blah stuff I'm reading about? I have a phantom 3 and was thinking about upgrading or maybe just adding by seems there's more issues with the go 4 app and more restrictions with the mavic or 4's. A guy from work just got a mavic and his app crashed when he was 2 miles out and had to restart everything. He was white knuckling it for a few minutes. Mines done nothing like that before and I've had it for a couple years now, and his is brand new. He said he's geo option was gone and something about having to update firmware now? Idk he doesn't know that much so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I really want another one but kind of on the fence right now[emoji848]

Oh and he said something about having to tap the screen all the time while flying to focus. Not sure what's that all about I don't have to do that with my 3...

You get all Mavic answers well on Mavic forum. :)
Mavicpilots.com

Haha yes but they would probably be bias...I was looking for people they may have both

Haha yes but they would probably be bias...I was looking for people they may have both

I PM'ed @dirkclod about this thread, but haven't heard back yet. He is a Moderator for this site as well as the MavicPilots forum. He hangs out there quite a bit with the Mavic bunch. He has numerous birds including the Mavic, so he knows the pros and cons of each. Hopefully he will check in soon and answer your questions.

Sorry I just logged on . I do not have a P4 but do have 2 P3's .
Camera is better with the phantom's but with the portability of my mavic my phantoms have started collecting dust . The signal is unreal and just fit's my style of flying . I see lots of video's and pictures in the mavic section from folks that can edit and they are awesome . I can't so that's of no concern to me .Look at some of the stuff in this section Photos and Videos Not real sure what to tell you but if I had a P4P+ and a Mavic sitting on a table in front of me and you said pick one the mavic would go with me .
As far as the app crashing I have never had mine to do that with any and am on a mini . You get a P4 you going to have the same app .
The newest firmware does have the Geo but you don't have to use it .
Just rollback the firmware if it comes with the latest .
I have all my birds cept the mavic with itelite panels and have to fight to go 3 miles . This thing will hit 4 stock where I fly low .
Do like some posted and just read some in the mavic forum the
link is at the bottom of the page .
I can carry 4 battery's my mini and everything else I take in a 511
over the shoulder tote . And is way quieter also . You just got to ask
yourself what do you want it for .

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Your welcome but really didn't answer you just spoke my opinion .
The mavic is just so more stable than my others and so easy to take with me I love it . I do fly my other's though too ;)

the most important reason.... you don't have to worry about Stress cracks in the shell. Every Phantom will have structural cracks some the day.

One thing I did notice the 1080 setting on the Mavic was not as good as my P4 when played on my Samsung 4K TV...

P4P also goes a lot faster if that matters to you. (just don't update the FW or so I hear LOL) I get mine up to 65-70mph.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94