Mavic pro

Reaction score
so I'm thinking of selling my PS3 and getting the mavic pro but are they much better? Is it worth the extra£$

Cheers.

Do it! You won't regret it! Video quality and range are much better. Then there is sensor redundancy and the collision avoidance sensors too. I got one cause it is so convenient compared to my Inspire 1 Pro. You can be up and flying about 1 minute, my Inspire 1 Pro takes about 8 minutes to setup and knock-down.

Both guys I know who got them - sold them on after a short period and used the money to buy P3P and P4P ....

They were not amused by the Mavic at all !

You can't win em all ....

Nigel

The main reason for wanting to go with the mavic is for the convenience as I ride a motorbike so carrying one of them won't be a problem at all.

I guess it depends on what you shoot too. A lot of my shoots are jump out of the car take a few pics and a pano then off to the next location. Setting up the Inspire for each of those takes me a lot longer.

Why wasn't they amused?

They reckon the camera was not as good.
The mavic is too small and at times more unstable than the larger Phantom's
Both did not like the pivot arrangements of the arms and felt that long life was not there.

They both sold on as they said before problems.

One got a P3P - that way he used the old P3 batterys he had still ... other guy wanted the collision avoidance of the P4P ... both are very happy now.

I cannot say for myself - except I am not looking to get a Mavic ... I do not know if their assessment is fair or not. But I just report it as known situation with two experienced RC modellers I know and trust.

Nigel

Bought a mavic after 2 weeks of owning a phantom 3............ I love it. I Should have gotten the mavic first

They reckon the camera was not as good.
The mavic is too small and at times more unstable than the larger Phantom's
Both did not like the pivot arrangements of the arms and felt that long life was not there.

They both sold on as they said before problems.

One got a P3P - that way he used the old P3 batterys he had still ... other guy wanted the collision avoidance of the P4P ... both are very happy now.

I cannot say for myself - except I am not looking to get a Mavic ... I do not know if their assessment is fair or not. But I just report it as known situation with two experienced RC modellers I know and trust.

Nigel
I refuse to get a mavic for two reasons: One, I want to wait if a mavic 2 comes our way before the end of 2017. Two, I want to beat the xxxx out of my standard and possibly crash a couple of times so I can be well prepared to fly a thousand dollar drone unlike all of the youtube crazies that crash theirs. Just sayin

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a P3standard and I love it . I just ordered my Mavic . I'm looking forward to it . If you are not sure OP then just buy it from somewhere it can be returned if you decide it's not for you .

Have all you see in my signature and the mavic is so
far superior it's unreal. I have never experienced such
signal and as others have said it is compact. My P3's
Are both modded and go as far as I dare with battery
power. This mavic does it with no mods and in the right
location which I have will go as far as it says it will. Cameras
On others may be better but I'm no Professional Photographer
So it fits me fine. Not cheap but you end up with what you
pay for .
Technology is moving so fast I do not know if I can keep up with it financially . I am glad I got mine . About all I fly with now.

Reactions: dglansley

There are a lot of videos on YT that compare P4 and Mavic ... and the only two factors that seem to win the day are Price and Compactness for the Mavic.

Nigel

There are the same type videos out on all the phantoms also if you will look. I have never paid them no mind. The only way
To really tell is have one Nigel .
It will suit some and others not. For me I love it .They are all
gonna have some issue you read about in the mavic forum.
I know as I have been a Mod there since day one. Same as here ,it's where you read about the issues.
To me it is well worth the money if you have .
I slipped mine in during the Christmas spending ;)

I check out a lot of YT vids to try and get a broad spektrum feel for a product before I buy. I don't just look for an odd one here and there ... I want as many examples as I can get.
I try to build up a Pros / Cons table and then decide if I want to buy.

I did this with the P3S and so far it has followed the table I had and provided the expected performance.

But it is true that 'one mans meat is another mans poison' ... so that's good that we like different things. Would be boring otherwise !

I just hope that Phantom design does not die out too soon .. and not just follow the Mavic style. The SE looks promising and hopefully will keep old fogies like me happy with a P3 set-up.

Nigel

Reactions: dglansley
I don't think the Phantom line will ever play out.
I'm looking forward to seeing that SE does look like.
I'm hoping the TX is similar to the 4K as far as the camera
button on the Tx but don't know. Is handy.
We..shall..see ;)

The SE looks a good deal if the range and performance lives up to the online hype.

It takes P3 batterys and I'm led to believe works with Go / Litchi.

Its a big point for an established owner ... not needing to buy different batterys etc. Flying a familiar shape etc.

Nigel

I think the mavic looks like a grate product but I'd wait until a generations have been released and for what a mavic cost I can get a p4

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart