MaVic Pro or Phantom 4

Reaction score
i believe my wife is getting me a drone for Christmas and is picking me the phantom 4, as I requested, however I'm now concerned the range is much smaller on this as it uses 17db for the controller ha the Mavic Pro using 20db in the CE regulation area.

Have I selected the wrong drone ?

I want reliability more than anything and obviously good image quality, but I'm happy to sacrifice sports mode speed for an extra 3db of extra range as that will give me a better "buffer"

I do know of some local people with Phantom 3 who have had their drones lose signal and fly away so I'm trying to do some research. Obviously if she gets me the phantom 4, is like to change it to the Mavic is that's the better option?

thank all!

Here's a comparison of the ranges:

Phantom 4 = 3.1 miles (see specs)
Phantom 4 Pro = 4.3 miles (see specs)
Mavic Pro = 4.3 miles (see specs)

If range is your sole goal, the Phantom 4 Pro or Mavic Pro are the best options available.

Thank you for that information - Range isn't my sole priority as I will most likely want to be able to see the drone whilst in flight, I just like to over compensate in case of any issues.

Are they realistic ranges without any special adaptions to the controller ?

The realistic ranges are listed above -- assuming a clear line of sight and no interference in the area. You'll have no trouble flying with the drone in your sight with any of the models listed above. They will be far beyond what your eye can see before the signal disconnects.

Thanks for your help guys, I've just checked on a map how far 2 miles is around my location and that covers all I need . Other than range is the Mavic any better than Phantom 4? I am only a beginner as I'm sure you can guess

Thanks for your help guys, I've just checked on a map how far 2 miles is around my location and that covers all I need . Other than range is the Mavic any better than Phantom 4? I am only a beginner as I'm sure you can guess

They are two different things. Each has their own pros and cons. Most obvious is portability and field of view on the camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31