Mavic pro or Phantom 3 pro?

Reaction score
Hi i recently lost my p3pro in the sea due to a bird strike and i'm wondering if it would be better to buy it again (to use all my accessoriesand two batteries) or to sell everything from my phantom to buy a more compact mavic pro

Hi i recently lost my p3pro in the sea due to a bird strike and i'm wondering if it would be better to buy it again (to use all my accessoriesand two batteries) or to sell everything from my phantom to buy a more compact mavic pro

A chance to start over means you can make some big power moves, so here is what I would do, Unless you need that small compact form of the Mavic , there is no reason to not get the Phantom 4 pro Plus now that Litchi can be added to that. Litchi is a much welcomed on the Phantom 4 plus but not the V2 Plus. Do not get the V2 .

We Fly the Phantom 4 pro plus with the 509 firmware and it has been flawless for us and we fly quite a lot over the water. As far as bird strikes go, all white drones are just not the way to go, much better to go with one of our Phantom Rain Wet Suits changing the look of the drone completely. We have found it much safer to fly up and down the river and down to the lake.

We have also spent some time now flying the Mavic 2 zoom and the problem with that is the constant influx of updates, we will never feel settled and secured as its going to be like this for awhile.

We do not yet have anytime with the birds on the Mavic 2 yet but have made the Mavic 2 wet suits for other reasons.

So you can pick up a phantom 4 pro plus for $1000 and be the king of the sea.
Get the wet suit , change the look and function of the Drone , even get rescue jacket if your on a boat in uncharted and un flown waters..

Phantomrain.org
Approved vendor.

Mavic Pro is more handy with its size, and faster to deploy as you don't have to screw/unscrew the props. It is still a bit more expensive though. For image/video quality - you'd have to see a comparison from someone who knows what to look at, for me they are comparable. I'm still using Phantom 3 Pro only because it just doesn't want to fail, and smaller size is not enough of an argument to spend money on it while I have a working solution. I will wait until second hand Mavic 2 Pro will be available at acceptable price - its image quality is better, and with the size that is a enough incentive to switch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72