Mavic Pro only uploads to youtube on SD (360P)

Reaction score
I just got a Mavic Pro and only flown 2 times. Normally when I upload a video, I remove the SD card from drone and place into my computer slot, upload to my video file. I do same with my tablet that I use for flying. I upload the Mobizen files to add sound, etc. I then edit both videos with Wondershare then save to my HD in the Video file. By then its in HD. I did this with the Mavic, then when I uploaded to Youtube, it stayed in LD or 360P. If I playback the saved copy its in HD. Why wont youtube convert to HD? It works fine on my other drones.

I just got a Mavic Pro and only flown 2 times. Normally when I upload a video, I remove the SD card from drone and place into my computer slot, upload to my video file. I do same with my tablet that I use for flying. I upload the Mobizen files to add sound, etc. I then edit both videos with Wondershare then save to my HD in the Video file. By then its in HD. I did this with the Mavic, then when I uploaded to Youtube, it stayed in LD or 360P. If I playback the saved copy its in HD. Why wont youtube convert to HD? It works fine on my other drones.
Did you give it enough time to process on YT after you uploaded it? Higher res versions normally become available over time.

I'd also say if the video was uploaded in 720 to YT, that YT would eventually show that as an option. If not, it was not 720 to begin with.

Did you give it enough time to process on YT after you uploaded it? Higher res versions normally become available over time.

The last video I made with my P3 pro, I uploaded in 4K, it processed about 30 minutes after it was running on youtube. This time I waited over 12 hours. Just checked now after 6PM est.. Still in 360 SD.

Last edited:
It was set to 4K on the drone.

However, you edited the video and then uploaded it. In both cases you could have accidently created a lower resolution file. YT processes millions of video every day. I doubt their system is accidently changing the video resolution.

However, you edited the video and then uploaded it. In both cases you could have accidently created a lower resolution file. YT processes millions of video every day. I doubt their system is accidently changing the video resolution.
I played the same file that was uploaded from my video files folder, it plays in HD format.. Oh well. Later tonight im going to do another flight and see what happens.

I got it to work. Dont ask me how.. Just that it works. Its been up for 15 min and already in HD. That was from tonights flight, not the one from yesterday. The other one is still is SD format.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT