Mavic pro 2

Reaction score
Hi all just need a bit of advice i have a phantom 3 pro which i like but dont know whether to buy the mavic pro 2 dont do a lot of flying can anybody advise thanks.

Reactions: Unable
Hi all just need a bit of advice i have a phantom 3 pro which i like but dont know whether to buy the mavic pro 2 dont do a lot of flying can anybody advise thanks.

You have to ask yourself why you dont do a lot of flying, Stress, health, goals, ideas, no time to fly : Mavic 2 wont change that .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain !

Reactions: With The Birds
I have a Mavic Air and didn't fly it much because of the noise it generated, the pitch and volume are awful (to me).
The Mavic 2 was a game changer, much, much quieter and a much more agreeable pitch.
As PWS said you have to ask yourself why you're not flying, but if it was the noise, the Mavic 2 is a whole different experience.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
I fly a Phantom 3 4K, which is just wonderful. Typically I shoot 4K video, and the results are great on a Sony 4K tv. The Mavic would also give you 4K results on the right display. I would stay with the 3 Pro, and upgrade it only when you crash or loose it. It makes you more relaxed flying knowing that a catastrophe can be overcome by doing the upgrade.

i have a phantom 3 pro which i like but dont know whether to buy the mavic pro 2 dont do a lot of flying
If you decide to upgrade, the Mavic 2 Pro would be a good choice. It's built well and comes with all of the latest bells and whistles. And it's a lot smaller than a Phantom, so that might be a bonus depending on where you take your drone to fly.

Reactions: PointGeorge
While the Mavic 2 Pro and the Phantom 3 Pro both shoot 4K, the Mavic 2 Pro has a larger sensor and takes better still photos. If photography is important to you, the Mavic is a good upgrade. If you are only interested in video, I don't know that it would be worth spending for the Mavic upgrade.

As some allready said you must be very clear with the decision - why to change! The Phantom you have is very good drone and probably you won,t get much more from Mavic. The only reason might be better transportability if you do a lot of filming while you on a walk trips - tracking etc.

If you don't do a lot of flying, then I think staying with your P3P is the better choice as others have said. Moving to the Mavic 2 Pro would likely give you better quality photos and maybe videos but is the high cost of the drone worth it for occasional flying?

Photography is a hobby of mine and I have been at it for a long time. For me having a Mavic 2 Pro would be the ultimate upgrade as the camera sensor/picture quality would be much better than my P3S and Spark, but for me, I haven't upgraded yet because: the things I would want to photograph/take videos of in high quality, would be new areas I was exploring while on vacation; I still feel there is lots for me to learn even though I have been flying drones for a few years now; the rules are becoming more restrictive and finding legal places to fly is more difficult; and I enjoy the challenge of trying to get the best shots out of the equipment I currently have, which means I have to practice and learn about all of its capabilities and limits.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Chris

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20