Mars drone attempt this weekend!

Reaction score
Imagine trying to fly with a 12-minute remote delay. The Wright Moment: Ingenuity Prepares for Flight
Mars drone.jpg

Wow that's pretty cool though,hope sun dont affect obstacle avoidance, I think the low flights would be safer ,less chance of return to home initiating,,might take a while to cancel from earth,na in all seriousness this is outstanding and cant wait to see more pictures,the clarity of the photos is outstanding considering the distance,good luck mission control

Remember, there are no features like return to home. There are no GPS satellites circling Mars. This will have to be, more than likely, an optical driven autonomous flight or planned from earlier images and maps made from previous missions

Remember, there are no features like return to home. There are no GPS satellites circling Mars. This will have to be, more than likely, an optical driven autonomous flight or planned from earlier images and maps made from previous missions
Our news just mention first test flight due about now,,its 7.30pm here in NZ time ,,,3mtr high hover and rotate then land,,,longer missions after that,,cant wait to see in action,,hopefully its filmed from the rover

Reactions: MTO and Oso
I love it when a plan comes together! See the link video at (20:48 min:sec) You can see the altitude vs time plot of the first flight on Mars. Notice it is critically damped with no ringing or overshoot. Amazing feat! See this link at 20:48.

No dust is really strange ay,considering the prop speed,air must be so thin the dust dont exist mayby,,very cool flight and clarity of images is so clear,I'll buy a Mars bar to celebrate :)???
Hey hope they stick a flag in the dirt

Reactions: MTO and dronesky
No dust is really strange ay,considering the prop speed,air must be so thin the dust dont exist mayby,,very cool flight and clarity of images is so clear,I'll buy a Mars bar to celebrate :)???
Hey hope they stick a flag in the dirt
I was wondering about the dust also. Gravity on Mars is only 0.375 that of earth, you would think dust would kick up easier and hang in the air longer.

Yeh strange that part
Does anyone know why no dust,,dumb question on earth but we on Mars now.who what when how and why ?better not have lost the rover and done the pretend thing lol,
Must be a logical explanation,,I can think of some but they not logical ?‍♂️

Reactions: MTO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20