Mapping with P3S and MapPilot

Reaction score
The Maps Made Easy Forum has been consulted but I would like to hear from P3 or other pilots using MapPilot to fly mapping sessions. I have a specific project: to map a residential estate for the purpose of
1. Inventory and location of infrastructure such as houses, roads, walkways, gardens, perimeter fence, cameras, manhole, electrical connectio boxes, streetlight, benches.
2. Infrastructure maintenance planning and budge.
3. Roadmap to direct traffic to specific location within the estate, including emergency vehicles.
4. Map of estate layout for marketing and promotional purposes, including web publishing
5. 3D electronic map that can be used to zoom in and inspect any area/object on the map, calculate size of any surface area.
All of it to better manage the affairs of the estate.
Thanks

I use P3S with Pix4Dcapture (MapPilot only works with iPhone!) to try to map a woodland area for a friend (I am not a professional). I'm using MME to produce maps, but (of course) the maps really only show the tree canopy, even at this time of year when the trees are not in leaf. I wondered if anyone had any experience of mapping wooded areas.
I should have thought that your project, looking at 2D/3D solid objects might work very well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.