Mapbox - Offline satelite images?

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm wondering whether anyone has had any luck at saving Mapbox offline satelite images (with the P4 or Ins 2)?. I can save only the maps, which are about the same in UK as Google, that is pretty basic.

I've updated to Go 4.2.16, because I need the POI feature for and Inspire 2, but cannot save satelite tiles offline. Google does this, caching a usable number for offline use.

I've also listed this problem under "software" as well, but no response yet. Is it just me?

Hi,
I'm wondering whether anyone has had any luck at saving Mapbox offline satelite images (with the P4 or Ins 2)?. I can save only the maps, which are about the same in UK as Google, that is pretty basic.

I've updated to Go 4.2.16, because I need the POI feature for and Inspire 2, but cannot save satelite tiles offline. Google does this, caching a usable number for offline use.

I've also listed this problem under "software" as well, but no response yet. Is it just me?
No not you,me to i think with p4,,yes map unless when downloads,I now just use cellular data when I fly so I got live map,does sound stupid but that my situation,,on latest firmware etc,,,dunno where the Mapbox came from one day it was there,yes before offline map used to show my drone location but now nothing

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Geoff G
Thanks Ian, Sorry to hear you have same problem.

Which version of Go do you have? I updated first to 4.2.20 (latest for UK) and every time I went offline all map data disappeared, then downgraded to 4.2.16. Now I get maps but no sat images when offline.

My AC firmware is 02.00.0106, RC is 1.9.3. I know there's a later AC firmware available but I'm reluctant to upgrade it due to past experiences!!

I am android user with this firmware below,all the latest according to Mr djigo4,,I've actually tried to not update lately but keept going to see if it came right,but no,my device got gps and glonass so not to sure what up,it not kill me yet but is anoying
Screenshot_20180708-230710.jpg

Sorry had drone on,,Yeh just tried again can get sat veiw with and without drone on but the download map still normal,it's just pointless,oh well might be a grin and bear it situation till another update comes along

Reactions: Geoff G
Why not try rolloing back to Go 4.2.16. I read (think on the DJI Forum, that mapbox did not work properly with 18 & 20.
Oh dunno me birds almost perfect just silly map issue,I would hate to upset me drone,probly knows what I'm thinking,I'm sure it would rev the motors saying don't touch me ha,,I might have a good search,I can remember someone posting how to get Google maps back,just need to find it....yes there is heaps of posts on this under the search logo but deeper digging is needed

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic