Map Sensor Error

Reaction score
Hi, guys!

P4P Obsidian here. I've had P3A before and never received a message like that, I am sorry that I didn't make a screenshot, but it was something like " Map sensor error. Unstable in low altitude. Land it immediately." I got it twice. First time I landed it, the second time I just ignored it. Do you know what that is?

I'm on a ship and I am on a different location every single day. My previous drone (P3A) wanted a calibration every single time. This one doesn't want at all. Is it because of calibration issue?

Thanks in advance!

P4P Obsidian here. I've had P3A before and never received a message like that, I am sorry that I didn't make a screenshot, but it was something like " Map sensor error. Unstable in low altitude. Land it immediately." I got it twice. First time I landed it, the second time I just ignored it. Do you know what that is?
There is no map sensor to have an error.
The mention of low altitude instability suggests it might have been a VPS (downward facing ) sensor error?
The error will be able to be seen in the recorded flight data.
If it is VPS, you can try recalibrating using DJI Assistant or simply disable VPS in your app settings.
It's of minimal use anyway.
I'm on a ship and I am on a different location every single day. My previous drone (P3A) wanted a calibration every single time. This one doesn't want at all. Is it because of calibration issue?
Compass calibration has nothing to do with where in the world you are or how far you are from where you last flew.
The compass in your P4 Advanced doesn't need to be recalibrated frequently. (The P3A didn't either)
Page 57 in the P4Adv manual tells you: Only calibrate the compass when the DJI GO 4 app or the status indicator prompt you to do so.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl