Map orientation is wrong

Reaction score
Is it possible to adjust the map? Every time the controller is pointed directly at the drone, the map shows off about 25 degrees or so. Should the line not be vertical when pointed directly at the drone? To make this happen, I have to turn left away from the drone to make the line straight.

See photo; I'm pointed directly at the drone
Screenshot_20190212-165751.jpeg

Last edited:
You can switch it so that it shows which direction the drone is. Mine is showing off by a lot. See pic

Reactions: Ansia
The map usually point north.
The map can be viewed either as North-up or Track -up.
Tap the icon in the top left of the map to toggle between orientations.
You can switch it so that it shows which direction the drone is. Mine is showing off by a lot. See pic
If yours isn't matching the compass directions, you might have to calibrate the compass in your phone/tablet (not the drone's compass).

The map can be viewed either as North-up or Track -up.
Tap the icon in the top left of the map to toggle between orientations.

If yours isn't matching the compass directions, you might have to calibrate the compass in your phone/tablet (not the drone's compass).
I checked with a compass... phone is showing correctly

Is it possible to adjust the map? Every time the controller is pointed directly at the drone, the map shows off about 25 degrees or so. Should the line not be vertical when pointed directly at the drone! To make this happen, I have to to left away from the drone to make the line straight.

See photo; I'm pointed directly at the droneView attachment 108514

That's not how it works. In the example you showed, the mobile device orientation is up. By reference to the north arrow you can see that the mobile device is pointing to the south east. The drone arrow points in the direction that the aircraft is facing - in this case a little north of west. For the drone arrow to point directly down requires both the controller to be pointing at the drone and the drone to be pointing at the controller.

That's not how it works. In the example you showed, the mobile device orientation is up. By reference to the north arrow you can see that the mobile device is pointing to the south east. The drone arrow points in the direction that the aircraft is facing - in this case a little north of west. For the drone arrow to point directly down requires both the controller to be pointing at the drone and the drone to be pointing at the controller.
Negative. I have tested this. Drone pointing at me, controller at drone... line is crooked like above pic. To get a vertical line, I have to turn away from the drone. There is a calibration setting wrong somewhere

Negative. I have tested this. Drone pointing at me, controller at drone... line is crooked like above pic. To get a vertical line, I have to turn away from the drone. There is a calibration setting wrong somewhere

So which bearing is incorrect? Is the controller not really pointing SE, or is the drone not really pointing W?

So which bearing is incorrect? Is the controller not really pointing SE, or is the drone not really pointing W?
The line should be vertical if the controller is pointing directly at the drone. It doesn't matter where I put the drone, the line is never vertical if I'm facing it

The line should be vertical if the controller is pointing directly at the drone. It doesn't matter where I put the drone, the line is never vertical if I'm facing it

That doesn't answer the question. If you are simply going to continue asserting that it is wrong without trying to figure out which part of the data is wrong then there is not much that anyone can do to help.

That doesn't answer the question. If you are simply going to continue asserting that it is wrong without trying to figure out which part of the data is wrong then there is not much that anyone can do to help.
When it's track up and the controller is facing the drone, the track should show vertical. I have flown the drone in a full circle around me and stopped at several places. The only way it shows a vertical track is if the controller is pointed away from the drone. If I knew what data was wrong, I wouldn't be here asking for help.

When it's track up and the controller is facing the drone, the track should show vertical. I have flown the drone in a full circle around me and stopped at several places. The only way it shows a vertical track is if the controller is pointed away from the drone. If I knew what data was wrong, I wouldn't be here asking for help.
Let me say it this way; in the above pic, I am at the top, dead center. The track should show vertical, not slightly diagonal. Something is off

So back to my question - in the example screenshot that you showed above, you can see in which direction the software thinks the controller and the drone are pointing, relative to north. If the picture is not correct then one, or both of those directions must be wrong. Without knowing which is wrong you cannot diagnose the problem.

So back to my question - in the example screenshot that you showed above, you can see in which direction the software thinks the controller and the drone are pointing, relative to north. If the picture is not correct then one, or both of those directions must be wrong. Without knowing which is wrong you cannot diagnose the problem.
The track is wrong, meaning the software is showing the controller pointing in the wrong direction. I'll post a pic after work, with the drone and screen showing the track is wrong.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj