Have you ever noticed either and inconsistency or minor flaw with a dji product?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
So, I purchased two phantom 4's. I wanted to have a backup just in case something went wrong. Anyway, I noticed a couple defects on the first one but I let it go. For example, a little nick on transmitter or on bottom of drone. Again, these were very minor so I let it go. Well, when I purchased my second one I noticed a lot of differences. First, the seal on the white box was two round circles of clear tape one the second one and one rectangular piece of tape on first. Next, the second one didn't have protective stickers on the obstacle avoidance cameras or the dji logo on top and the 1st one did. I know these are minor things, but it concerns me. If these stickers were left off does that mean the sensors could have been damaged? Should I take it back and exchange it?

Also, I forgot to mention that this is my second, second phantom 4. I returned my first second one for a tilted gimbal yaw arm.

Has anyone else seen these inconsistencies or minor flaws? Is it worth returning for something as small as missing protective stickers?

Any advice would be great!!!

So, I purchased two phantom 4's. I wanted to have a backup just in case something went wrong. Anyway, I noticed a couple defects on the first one but I let it go. For example, a little nick on transmitter or on bottom of drone. Again, these were very minor so I let it go. Well, when I purchased my second one I noticed a lot of differences. First, the seal on the white box was two round circles of clear tape one the second one and one rectangular piece of tape on first. Next, the second one didn't have protective stickers on the obstacle avoidance cameras or the dji logo on top and the 1st one did. I know these are minor things, but it concerns me. If these stickers were left off does that mean the sensors could have been damaged? Should I take it back and exchange it?

Also, I forgot to mention that this is my second, second phantom 4. I returned my first second one for a tilted gimbal yaw arm.

Has anyone else seen these inconsistencies or minor flaws? Is it worth returning for something as small as missing protective stickers?

I'm not sure if they are inconsistencies, but I didn't have any stickers on my sensors either! But noticed others had. Maybe this affects certain batches ?! You've made an interesting point though.

Interesting. U may be right. Inconsistencies may be the wrong word. I just thought it was odd that I bought two of the same product and they were different.

These are the quality control gaps.

Reactions: NormanNormal

I received my "New" Phantom 4 yesterday. It came in an undamaged double boxed package. The inner box looked sealed from the factory. I opened the foam container and removed the Phantom. First thing I noticed were some marks on the top of the quad that wouldn't wipe off but I thought no problem, it won't affect it. No covers on sensors or image cameras. There was a stabilizer/cover on the main camera. I then looked at one of the arms and it had some major damage, the plastic was creased. On the bottom of the arm the screens were bent on the vents and out of place. The last thing I noticed was the LED cover was missing. Now this was from the factory since everything was sealed. I'm really disappointed that DJI let this ship. It tells me they have little or no quality control. It's going back today. This was my second Phantom. My first P2 crashed after going crazy at about 8' in the air and dropped to the ground bending the gimbal. The replacement flew without any issues and I still own it. I wonder if 3DR has similar quality problems.

When I opened my new P4 there was absolutly no scratches or any other marks on the bird. Flawless. Now in flight well a little yoyo and sometimes tilted gimbal, So far it has been a charm.

I would chalk these issues up to:

1. An attempt to meet demand beyond expectation.
2. Sourcing or assembling the products with multiple manufacturers.

No product is perfect or without flaw like a tiny nick. I notice commonalities between the DJI forums and the Apple forums - both seem to be filled with users who bought a high-end product and sometimes expect absolute perfection in the product and experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic