Manchester UK

I'm out Urmston way...

Reactions: Neil Myers
Sheffield here. some nice spots for flying over the woodhead road.

Reactions: Neil Myers
Yes that would be good. Keep intouch Neil.

Hi soupbone.
I live in Compstall so most of my flights have been over Etherow.
I've had a quick flight at Chapel-en-le-Frith and also near doveholes.
Which phantom have you got.

Hi. I got a P3A a few weeks ago but due to shift work at airport and crappy weather only been able to do some hovering in the garden. Looking to buddy up with someone with more flying experience to show me the ropes. If you're free anytime give us a shout. Cheers. Steve

Hi Steve.
I would be happy to meet up. I'm off work for a couple of weeks from Thursday.
I'm hoping to get out a few times weather permitting.
Still trying to think of somewhere interesting to fly.
I've still got a lot to learn myself. I'm happy with the flying side and the basic operation of the drone, but I'm no photographer and have yet to do anything interesting with the footage other than bore my wife, family and friends. Ian.

Haha sounds like me and my good lady. I'm off this Friday Saturday and Sunday so if you fancy a meeting that would be great. Weather permitting. I'll fly in anything except rain. If its easier I'll send you my mobile number so you text rather then forum message. The guy who i got my drone from took me to a great flying site up in Disley on top of the hill behind Lyme park. Very easy to get to. Speak soon. Steve

Hi Steve.
Sorry for the delay in responding, just watching Walking Dead season finale.
I was thinking of Lyme park myself, or Edale/Mam Tor.
Who did you get your drone from.
I got mine from eBay.
I've got myself a spare battery too. Would like another by summer.
I've been using my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5" tablet to fly with, and although it works great, it's a bit on the big size and needs an adapter to fit the holder. Also struggled to find a sun shield to fit so had to make one. It's also lacking in memory as I use it for everything else, so I have ordered a new 8" Tab S2 which I hope will be here soon, and that will be used just for flying.
If you want to pm me your mob number then it would be good to see if we can meet up if the weather is good later in the week.
Ian.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic