Man, what a disappointment!

Reaction score
Yes you can fly a P4P without a gimbal, but ONLY if it has been previously linked.

The link button is on the gimbal.

Am a retiree that can only afford the quad if I buy it used and decided to buy separate quad, battery and controller (as I found bargain prices), and learn to fly while saving the money for a gimbal.

Should have watched more videos, I guess.

Alan

Link button on the P4P is not on the gimbal it is on the port side next to the SD card slot. Should link fine without the gimbal.
P3’s are on the gimble.

When I say gimbal I am referring to the gimbal/camera assembly, which when sold includes the lower quad cover.

Reactions: Capt KO
When I say gimbal I am referring to the gimbal/camera assembly, which when sold includes the lower quad cover.
I understand, TRY TED. Might try aliExpress from China but might take a month. Good luck.

I would contact Ted last time I checked he did have cameras gimbal for P4P

OK, I just took just the top with out the gimbal and it did link.
IMG_0526.jpg

The cover I saw on eBay sold.
I will probably end up using some of that stimulus money, we are supposed to be getting, and buy a broken gimbal/camera assembly, then repair it.
Maybe in another month I will have something to fly.....sigh....LOL

Reactions: dronesky
Did you check Ted's prices might be able to get it sooner than later good luck

Check out post #9 above you will see Ted's post he does have them for sale

Yes you can fly a P4P without a gimbal, but ONLY if it has been previously linked.

Well...I assume you mean gimbal assembly, which includes the controller and other bits that are not actually the gimbal.

The link button is on the gimbal.

It's not. It's on the gimbal *assembly,* which is the controller for the gimbal. The button is not on the gimbal.

1586299883648.png

Am a retiree that can only afford the quad if I buy it used and decided to buy separate quad, battery and controller (as I found bargain prices), and learn to fly while saving the money for a gimbal.

Sounds like a good plan. I see nothing wrong with this plan. As long as you know how to connect the gimbal assembly to the hull, you should be good.

Should have watched more videos, I guess.

Alan

Perhaps.

D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31