Major app update - DJI Ultimate Flight

In beta:

Added support for:

Digital Terrain file
A Digital terrain file is a raster GIS file format developed by ESRI, which is available in 2 forms. The binary format is proprietary and cannot be used by DJI Ultimate Flight, the ASCII format is non-proprietary and can be used by DJI Ultimate Flight to calculate between above ground level (AGL) and above takeoff (ATO) levels when creating waypoint missions.
There are a number of resources to obtain DTM files, the most common being an export from applications like ArcGIS but many other applications can also save ASC files. ASC files may also be available online for your flying areas but it may take some searching to locate them.

Place ASC files into the “DTM” folder under DJI_Ultimate_Flight and the application will automatically make use of the file. Once the folder has been created you will have a number of advanced features available to you. The most common will be the ability to create waypoint missions with altitudes defined as AGL. Prior to flight, the app will read the elevation information from the DTM file and convert the defined altitudes to ATO as required for correct flight. Another and possible future enhancement will be the ability to view flight altitude as AGL vs the current ATO giving you more complete and accurate flight information which would be able to take into account ground elevation changes over the flight area.

Once the DTM folder has been created you will see an additional tab in the mission browse dialog. The addition tab, labelled “DTM” allows you to load a DTM file and see the covered area. This will help make mission planning easier as you can quickly tell when a waypoint is inside the area covered by the DTM file.
See the following for file format details: Esri grid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've just completed a major update to DJI Ultimate Flight

App highlights over last version:

* Now supports Phantom 3 (Advanced, Professional, Standard and 4K), Inspire 1 (all models) and Phantom 4
* Phantom 4 support includes reporting of avoidance system status
* Orbit waypoint mode now included, no longer in-app purchase
* All new camera settings, all camera settings available through the SDK can be set (limited support for the X5/X5R and thermal image cameras)
* Exposure, both automatic and manual now available
* Touch-screen exposure setting (similar to DJI GO)
* Histogram with movable window
* Location report window can be moved
* Onscreen camera setting display and AE lock/unlock
* All new icons, looks more similar to the GO app for easy knowledge transfer
* New FPV screen with assisted takeoff and landing, also added buttons to set home point
* New camera widget, similar to GO app
* Touch HD image to setup HD communications link
* Touch battery image to configure battery warning levels and view battery cell and status reports
* Touch upper right image (pancake) to configure firmware distance limits, return to home and wall proximity setting
* All updated documentation (see: http://www.djiultimateflight.com/v3_documentation.php)
Is there a list of tested devices? I am using a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime smart phone. It is not on DJI's list of approved. Everything works fine for the Go App except for Google Maps. That is hit or miss. Not sure if it's my phone, or the app. Not much of a problem so far as I have a P3Std. and try to maintain visual. Also, what are the in-app purchases?

Any chance of putting out a limited trial so folks can check it out for a day or two? It looks like a solid app and love that you are forthcoming with lots of details.

I extend a 7-day refund policy for all purchases. Android doesn't have support for trials.

Is there a list of tested devices? I am using a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime smart phone. It is not on DJI's list of approved. Everything works fine for the Go App except for Google Maps. That is hit or miss. Not sure if it's my phone, or the app. Not much of a problem so far as I have a P3Std. and try to maintain visual. Also, what are the in-app purchases?

On the Google support group you can ask about devices but I give 7 day refund policy so you can test your device with the app.

Note: DJI just released a new sdk so if your device doesn't work let me know and I'll send you information on accessing beta worth the new sdk.

It looks very comprehensive but not much use to those of us who use an IOS based device. Is there any plan to port it to iPhone/iPad devices?

Being a 1-person show I don't see much time for an iOS version coming anytime soon.

Sorry.

Hey Buddy, I have version 3.97 I'm running dji firmware 1.4 Am I good to go? How high up in the dji P3A & p3P firmware would I have to go to get all your new features? I also have a p2Vision + ver. 3.0, where can I get to with this antique. Thank You for your time, sweet app.

I assume you are running 3.97 because you are using older firmware but at this time I am not planning to add the newer features to the back-level app.

Likewise, id like to get back and add some of these newer features to the P2 app version (in play store, link on website), that's more about time but I hope to get there where is possible but I can't say when.

Oops, missed part 2: there is a single in-app purchase which apps support for KMZ files. KMZ files are special map overlay files, mainly used by environmental study and surveyors and allows you to load a map from a file (rather than Google Map). All other functionality is part of the app.

Reactions: Digdat0
Oops, missed part 2: there is a single in-app purchase which apps support for KMZ files. KMZ files are special map overlay files, mainly used by environmental study and surveyors and allows you to load a map from a file (rather than Google Map). All other functionality is part of the app.
Thank you, Ken. Looks real good. Got to try this out!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4