Major app update - DJI Ultimate Flight

Reaction score
I've just completed a major update to DJI Ultimate Flight

App highlights over last version:

* Now supports Phantom 3 (Advanced, Professional, Standard and 4K), Inspire 1 (all models) and Phantom 4
* Phantom 4 support includes reporting of avoidance system status
* Orbit waypoint mode now included, no longer in-app purchase
* All new camera settings, all camera settings available through the SDK can be set (limited support for the X5/X5R and thermal image cameras)
* Exposure, both automatic and manual now available
* Touch-screen exposure setting (similar to DJI GO)
* Histogram with movable window
* Location report window can be moved
* Onscreen camera setting display and AE lock/unlock
* All new icons, looks more similar to the GO app for easy knowledge transfer
* New FPV screen with assisted takeoff and landing, also added buttons to set home point
* New camera widget, similar to GO app
* Touch HD image to setup HD communications link
* Touch battery image to configure battery warning levels and view battery cell and status reports
* Touch upper right image (pancake) to configure firmware distance limits, return to home and wall proximity setting
* All updated documentation (see: http://www.djiultimateflight.com/v3_documentation.php)

Any chance of putting out a limited trial so folks can check it out for a day or two? It looks like a solid app and love that you are forthcoming with lots of details.

Any chance of putting out a limited trial so folks can check it out for a day or two? It looks like a solid app and love that you are forthcoming with lots of details.

I think the iOS space is pretty well covered so I'm not planning an iOS version. I do understand that has more devices and maybe the possibility of more money but the iOS app space is fairly saturated.

I'll give refunds, no questions asked from 7 days from purchase. Android doesn't really have a good way to do trials for paid apps.

Just as a reminder! You must be an approved vendor here on the forum to post your info! I'm not a moderator but I know they will probably catch this post soon enough.I Admire your forwardness though. Good luck with the app! ;)

Just as a reminder! You must be an approved vendor here on the forum to post your info! I'm not a moderator but I know they will probably catch this post soon enough.I Admire your forwardness though. Good luck with the app! ;)

I didn't know that, there's an awful lot of apps announcing themselves and I've done it before so hopefully I don't get smacked.

Thanks for the note.

I think the iOS space is pretty well covered so I'm not planning an iOS version. I do understand that has more devices and maybe the possibility of more money but the iOS app space is fairly saturated.
That's a shame. It's true that there are several IOS apps available but very few, if any, of them have the complete list of facilities that you do. I think that Litchi may go some towards it (a very good product) but it's yet to be seen what extra functionality they will be adding.

Reactions: sonof40
That's a shame. It's true that there are several IOS apps available but very few, if any, of them have the complete list of facilities that you do. I think that Litchi may go some towards it (a very good product) but it's yet to be seen what extra functionality they will be adding.

I guess if I had the time it would be an easier decision but I'm a company of 1 so time is very limited. Many be someday.

I guess if I had the time it would be an easier decision but I'm a company of 1 so time is very limited. Many be someday.
I personally feel the same way about what I do as a DJI Dealer. Perhaps we can chat sometime. Send me your updated app for testing to verify your claims. I will do what I can to help promote your product. I have many clients using Litchi and are looking for more. More now than ever with the P4. Let's see what ya got!!

I personally feel the same way about what I do as a DJI Dealer. Perhaps we can chat sometime. Send me your updated app for testing to verify your claims. I will do what I can to help promote your product. I have many clients using Litchi and are looking for more. More now than ever with the P4. Let's see what ya got!!
Nice way to take the app for free [emoji1] [emoji16]

Ken, one question, does your app support p3 firmware like 1.4 (the first one with orbit follow and wp) or latest one is needed? I don't want to update my p3 to 1.7....

Ken, one question, does your app support p3 firmware like 1.4 (the first one with orbit follow and wp) or latest one is needed? I don't want to update my p3 to 1.7....

I have a version that does support the older firmware that I've kept around for specific people that don't want to update but this specific version does not support the older firmware.

There are a few people running the older version and firmware but the app isn't being updated.

I have a version that does support the older firmware that I've kept around for specific people that don't want to update but this specific version does not support the older firmware.

There are a few people running the older version and firmware but the app isn't being updated.

My firmware is not so old, has all the new features. Only NFZ are not inside it.

Litchi application, that i think should use the same latest SDK version of your app, works without problem. Anyway i'll buy and try it. If it doesn't work i'll ask refund as you make possible. Thanks for the answer.

Last edited:
My firmware is not so old, has all the new features. Only NFZ are not inside it.

Litchi application, that i think should use the same latest SDK version of your app, works without problem. Anyway i'll buy and try it. If it doesn't work i'll ask refund as you make possible. Thanks for the answer.

Sure, no problem.

Ken, I own Dji ultimate flight but I haven't used it in a long time. Yet I've been updating my app,via the Google store. My p3p is still at fw 1.4. Are you saying that the latest Dji UF won't work with my p3 as its at fw 1.4?

Ken, I own Dji ultimate flight but I haven't used it in a long time. Yet I've been updating my app,via the Google store. My p3p is still at fw 1.4. Are you saying that the latest Dji UF won't work with my p3 as its at fw 1.4?

Honestly, I'm not sure. DJI made changes in the SDK that I have heard no longer works with older firmware (it fails to establish a connection). I myself do not have an aircraft with the older firmware to test with so I'm relaying comments second hand. I do know that the SDK added limits for waypoint flight directly into the SDK but that's the only thing I can think of without having a unit to test. Those limits are mainly for altitude (500m max). If you don't worry about waypoints over 500m then it may not affect you. Many of the people wanting the older all are asking for it because they don't want to be limited.

I keep the older version (with the older SDK) around just in case.

If you update and it doesn't work then it's likely that DJI has locked the SDK and firmware versions but even if that happens I have the older app version in a download.

Hey man, very impressed with what i've read on your app so far. kinda surprised you are a one man show for everything included to be honest. Is there anything DJI Go can do, which your app cannot? (other than say, setting IOC to be enabled). I can see alot of the positives, but thought i'd ask a simple question. thanks!

Hey man, very impressed with what i've read on your app so far. kinda surprised you are a one man show for everything included to be honest. Is there anything DJI Go can do, which your app cannot? (other than say, setting IOC to be enabled). I can see alot of the positives, but thought i'd ask a simple question. thanks!

The GO app includes many settings not exposed in the SDK, mainly in the additional screens that show when you touch the top bar icons. My app has the battery screen and some of the settings for the aircraft and most for the camera (but no setting for the X5/X5R and none for the thermal camera), most other settings are present in the app.

My app doesn't have the IMU calibration, setting the exponential for the joysticks or setting basic flight mode. Mainly if it's an advanced setting it likely isn't included in my app, mainly because many of those are not included in the SDK.

The app includes things not in the GO app, for example in the waypoint you can create missions offline. You can also create special waypoint types (like orbit and panorama) where you set the point and the app calculates the waypoints. These special types are not (as I've seen) included in any other app currently on the market. You can also load map overlays (KMZ) files, useful if your into surveying or environmental studies but if your into hiking deep into a location with no cell coverage this ability can be valuable as well. KML file support is also present if yo wanted to use external flight planners.

As I mentioned above, the app include nearly all camera settings except the ones specific to the higher-end cameras. There is a histogram available and the exposure mode controls

Best to scan the documentation as it includes many of the screens: http://www.djiuf.com/v3_documentation.php

I wouldn't say UF replaces the GO app but I've included many of the common things, especially in the area of camera so you don't need to switch back and forth between apps (as many require you to do today).

These are some demonstration videos put together by one of the users:

This is his channel: Meisech

Presentation and Overview
Configuration
Screens
Waypoint management
Flying a mission
Other flight modes
waypoint flight

Hope this helps but feel free to ask or just try the app. Refunds up to 7 days so you can really give it a try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic