Major app update - DJI Ultimate Flight

I have a version that does support the older firmware that I've kept around for specific people that don't want to update but this specific version does not support the older firmware.

There are a few people running the older version and firmware but the app isn't being updated.
Hey Buddy, I have version 3.97 I'm running dji firmware 1.4 Am I good to go? How high up in the dji P3A & p3P firmware would I have to go to get all your new features? I also have a p2Vision + ver. 3.0, where can I get to with this antique. Thank You for your time, sweet app.

Hey Buddy, I have version 3.97 I'm running dji firmware 1.4 Am I good to go? How high up in the dji P3A & p3P firmware would I have to go to get all your new features? I also have a p2Vision + ver. 3.0, where can I get to with this antique. Thank You for your time, sweet app.

Yes, I believe that version is for the older firmware. The Vision needs a different all (DJI Ultimate Flight - v2 - Android Apps on Google Play)

OK Can I use what I have on the p3A & Pro birds? 1 man show? Man you are quick !!!

Not sure I completely understand the question but if you are asking if you can use the V3 app on Phantom 3 Advanced, yes.

The current version 3 of the app supports all Phantom 3s (Advanced, Professional, Standard and 4K), All Inspire 1s and Phantom 4 (including avoidance system).

If you are asking if 3.97 will work with all models, the answer is more connected to the firmware. At best 3.97 will work with Phantom 3 Professional and Advanced only (no Standard and no 4K) and it will work with the Inspire 1 (but maybe only the earlier models).

If I didn't answer the correct question let me know.

The main difference with 3.97 and the current 3.139 is supported aircraft and 3.139 includes a significant number of changes in the areas around camera support. Virtual walls, histogram, etc is only in 3.139 and above

Not sure I completely understand the question but if you are asking if you can use the V3 app on Phantom 3 Advanced, yes.

The current version 3 of the app supports all Phantom 3s (Advanced, Professional, Standard and 4K), All Inspire 1s and Phantom 4 (including avoidance system).

If you are asking if 3.97 will work with all models, the answer is more connected to the firmware. At best 3.97 will work with Phantom 3 Professional and Advanced only (no Standard and no 4K) and it will work with the Inspire 1 (but maybe only the earlier models).

If I didn't answer the correct question let me know.

The main difference with 3.97 and the current 3.139 is supported aircraft and 3.139 includes a significant number of changes in the areas around camera support. Virtual walls, histogram, etc is only in 3.139 and above

Waypoint ....................................................................................................................................................................... 9
Follow ............................................................................................................................................................................ 9
Orbit ............................................................................................................................................................................... 9
Focus .............................................................................................................................................................................. 9
Panorama .................................................................................................................................................................... 10
Selfie ............................................................................................................................................................................ 10
Joystick......................................................................................................................
Are these available with my version 3.97 on the P3A & P If I purchase the vision plus app, also will these features be available. Sorry about prior confusing questions, at my age I confuse myself often!! Your QUICK responses are greatly appreciated, Mr one man band

Waypoint ....................................................................................................................................................................... 9
Follow ............................................................................................................................................................................ 9
Orbit ............................................................................................................................................................................... 9
Focus .............................................................................................................................................................................. 9
Panorama .................................................................................................................................................................... 10
Selfie ............................................................................................................................................................................ 10
Joystick......................................................................................................................
Are these available with my version 3.97 on the P3A & P If I purchase the vision plus app, also will these features be available. Sorry about prior confusing questions, at my age I confuse myself often!! Your QUICK responses are greatly appreciated, Mr one man band

Yes, all flight modes are present in the 3.97 version but not the P2 version. P2 version is mainly waypoint but it does have the joystick mode, not the others.

Reactions: Digdat0 and AL T
thanks! I've bought it! I'm excited to get this thing installed and tested. Gotta support small devs, please keep up great documentation and comms. Thats a huge selling point for me :)

Reactions: StevenQX
Can this app let you take pics while recording?

For the V2 (Vision/Vision+ version)
For the most part no, DJI's SDK allows photos during video for a small number of resolution combinations but they don't say which ones so it's kind of hit and miss.

For this reason I say that it isn't supported (mainly because the SDK dos say it isn't supported).

For the V3 (Phantom 3, Inspire 1 and Phantom 4): The SDK blocks taking photos while video is recording.

What you have done is impressive, no doubt about it.
A lot of us here, including myself already use and are familiar with Litchi.
So I will be that guy, what does this offer that Litchi does not?

Your interface looks slick and clean.
I like the course lock and home lock there, litchi doesn't have that.
Litchi does have the magic leash, vr and tracking possibly coming.

I am just trying to see if it is worth it for the litchi users to explore this software.

Thanks!

What you have done is impressive, no doubt about it.
A lot of us here, including myself already use and are familiar with Litchi.
So I will be that guy, what does this offer that Litchi does not?

Your interface looks slick and clean.
I like the course lock and home lock there, litchi doesn't have that.
Litchi does have the magic leash, vr and tracking possibly coming.

I am just trying to see if it is worth it for the litchi users to explore this software.

Thanks!

Each app has it pluses over the other. My app has nearly all camera settings, histogram, battery reports, etc where Litchi has you use the GO app to set many setting. But beyond those my app includes specialty waypoint types. For instance, you can fly a waypoint orbit with Litchi but you must draw it and if you want to increase the radius you delete the waypoints and start again. My app has a single waypoint with the same configurations as Orbit bit since it's a single waypoint the orbit is calculated and changing settings is a 1-touch edit, the app does the calculations at runtime. Same for panorama waypoint; it's a single waypoint (to the user's point of view) and the app calculates and creates additional waypoints as needed, Litchi has a way to add panorama operations to a waypoint but it is a flat panorama, UF can to flat, vertical or spherical waypoints. I'm looking at other specialty waypoint types for single-touch operations but I can't say what they are at this time.

Litchi does have a leash and VR and I've seen tracking for the iOS/P3 and I also plan to add tracking but maybe only for the P4. The problem with tracking the way it's been done is that it takes a moderately powerful CPU to process and there is lag because the Android processes the track, sending commands to the aircraft, the P4 includes in into the firmware so it's much faster and much more reliable (once properly tuned). VR might come to UF but I haven't decided, it's rarely asked for. A leash-like feature is likely but no schedule currently (I'm collecting research to see what people would like next), I've found leash to be limited and more of a "nice to have" vs a "got to have", not saying I won't add it in the future but it might be after some more asked for features.

UF has flight walls and personal flight limit settings for those who want to keep themselves within a restricted area and away from obstacles, Litchi has neither as I have seen.

Selfie, with Litchi you can create one using waypoint missions but as other specialty flight operations when you use UF you configure selfie and the app does the calculations.

My app has KML and KMZ files. KML file support with Litchi is only on the website and KMZ isn't supported by Litchi. KMZ however is a feature depending on your use. KMZ allows you to load a map overlay, used by surveyors and environmental study people but is very valuable of you hike into a location. Cached maps are problematic as Google controls when the cache expires and if it expires while you happen to be at a location without internet coverage then you have no flight.

If you would like to add your opinions on futures to UF please feel free to use the survey I have for planning: New Survey. All input, even future users is welcome.

Docs include many screen shots, you can tell a fair bit from them: http://djiultimateflight.com/V3_documentation.php

Honestly, I think a lot of people own both and use the one best suited for the operation they are performing now and both are growing and adding features constantly. I don't feel either is bad but each has their areas they are better than the other and if you want to have the full set of tools at your disposal, you may want to have both.

Litchi is a bit more cost and has a number of in-app purchases, UF is $20 and 1 single in-app purchase for the KMZ file support because it was a larger development time and I want to recover some costs of doing it but for the most part I don't use in-app purchases so over time you might find UF slightly more cost effective, but still, IMO you should have both.

One final note: Litchi had both Android and iOS, I am not planning to have an iOS version (mainly resources, I am a single developer, Litchi has more resources).

Hope this helps but feel free to ask more,
Ken

Thanks for the through review. I think I will probably pick up your app as well. You seem to try to stay on top of updates and you are very responsive on the forums. I was also looking at picking up Vertical Studio for the tracking, didn't even think of wear the processing would occur. Wondering if it will run decently on my Nexus 7 2nd Gen. I can use titanium backup to freeze nonessential apps, perhaps that will help. Have you considered something like the mission hub that litchi has to create online way-points at your leisure? But you are correct, it does seems like each app will have its pros and cons and you just need to figure out the strengths and weakness of each and what you really intend on doing. Thanks

Thanks for the through review. I think I will probably pick up your app as well. You seem to try to stay on top of updates and you are very responsive on the forums. I was also looking at picking up Vertical Studio for the tracking, didn't even think of wear the processing would occur. Wondering if it will run decently on my Nexus 7 2nd Gen. I can use titanium backup to freeze nonessential apps, perhaps that will help. Have you considered something like the mission hub that litchi has to create online way-points at your leisure? But you are correct, it does seems like each app will have its pros and cons and you just need to figure out the strengths and weakness of each and what you really intend on doing. Thanks

Yes, I have considered a mission-hub like thing but from talking to other apps that have done similar I'm in a wait and see if it lasts. What I don't like about the way they did mission planner is that there are some thing you can only do in mission planner that you can't do in the app. That's nice for the developer but not so nice for the user (my opinion). I can see some value in having a way to plan on your PC (larger screen) but I'm not so sure of the value of a database of online missions for anyone to use but I don't have their data to tell is people fly other's missions or not or if it's just a mission creator. You can create missions offline using UF but it's built into the app (there is a mission planner as part of the app); so similar but different. I can see someone having problems with the fully offline mission because if you happen to create it offline and sync it to the Android/iOS and forget to open the mission and cache maps then you could end up getting onsite and having no maps. Having the mission planner built into the app guarantees you will have the maps cached (so same ideas, different implementation).

Again, different developers, different opinions.

I purchased the app today. I really like the layout and how it full of features. However when I'm using the app it says that my P3p is disconnected, I am able to still fly and control my quad, a can see the images from the camera. I am running the latest firmware on my P3P. Here's a Screenshoot of what's going on.
uploadfromtaptalk1459471240254.png

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk

I purchased the app today. I really like the layout and how it full of features. However when I'm using the app it says that my P3p is disconnected, I am able to still fly and control my quad, a can see the images from the camera. I am running the latest firmware on my P3P. Here's a Screenshoot of what's going on.View attachment 49111

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk

From the image it appears that the flight controller didn't connect to the SDK. When you connected the USB cable did you get a prompt to select the app that should be connected?

There is a troubleshooting section in the documentation: http://djiultimateflight.com/images/DJI Ultimate Flight V3.pdf.

I'll be out for a bit so I may be slow to reply to new emails.

From the image it appears that the flight controller didn't connect to the SDK. When you connected the USB cable did you get a prompt to select the app that should be connected?

There is a troubleshooting section in the documentation: http://djiultimateflight.com/images/DJI Ultimate Flight V3.pdf.

I'll be out for a bit so I may be slow to reply to new emails.
Yes it does prompt me to choose the app

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Had to buy it after reading three more pages after the approval warning. :). I haven't read anything about integrating the 32 channel hack like litchi which I also have. My interest lies in the best possible FPV experience along with good telemetry and visual warning cues on the flight screen. The verbal and non verbal preflight warnings in dji go is very comforting to someone flying 3 miles away. The 3 colored battery bar with the H circled is overlooked and adds to the feeling of security. I look forward to seeing what this one has to offer regarding long range flight management.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4