MADE IN CHINA.... thoughts?

Every thing is made in China now a day, even Apple products.

Only way if more American made products will happen is if you can lower the manufacturing cost. You try to convince all the factory workers in America to accept much lower wage to compete with what the Chinese factory workers are getting paid now. If you are one of those factory workers, are you happy to accept a pay cut to say a quarter of what you are getting paid now?

Not going to happen. We're in global economy now and there is no turning back when it comes to manufacturing. All the experience is now in China. Also, let's not forget that the majority of all rare earth metals that our gadgets require are now in China. Only deep policy changes in China such as environmental regulations, wage earnings, trend on their currency devaluations and perhaps even Democracy would slow down China.

Exactly. At least not in the next several decades or even longer.

That said. In my opinion, American values and innovation are still in the lead. I know a lot of people like to say that America is "arrogant" but so what. It's perhaps all we know but we do know that our quality of life is still good. We still have a lot of problems and it isn't perfect here but there are still a lot less obstacles in America for a person who truly wants to succeed.

Agree. In comparison, there are more copycats in the Chinese industry, not as many inventions and innovation :D

Agreed. My cousin works for Huawei in Latin America and he admits that companies like Huawei have no shame in admitting that they stole competing product innovations and then simply turned those stolen innovations "into an even better innovations". I guess that could be fair game if a company can't protect their stuff but still. I like DJI because they are truly innovative from the ground up. At least that's been my impression.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic