Lucky Crash, Recovery and Replacement?

Reaction score
So I crashed my P4P today. While on the return trip to home point at around 308' high and 716' away flying in sports mode, I literally watched my bird drop, hit a rooftop and bounce off onto the sidewalk. The initial impact from 308' caused it to land on the one arm that had a malfunctioning prop. It crushed inward like a tin can leaving the motor dangling from the wires. I flew just beyond los and immediately started back. The sun was very bright so trying to see it beyond los (1000') was difficult especially after I took my eyes off it to watch the monitor. By the time I got it closer to me around 730' I spotted it right where the map indicated it was then I started tracking it again by sight. This is where my heart dropped when it suddenly started falling as if something hit it. I'm disappointed that I wasn't dAfter I ran the telemetry data and confirmed everything I witnessed with my eyes and more. Nothing hit it, a prop came loose and caused the crash. I did a full preflight check and everything. I recovered the battery in working condition and the gimbal was still fully functional as well. All motors still worked but none of the sensors have functionality. All in all not bad for a wild free fall from over 300 feet and a couple of bounces. Here's the sweetest part. I purchased it from Amazon 40 days ago and didn't have insurance from dji or anywhere else. I figured I was ****** for sure and reluctantly called Amazon to sort things out. The rep pointed out that the window to return was 30 days and I'm past it by 10 days but was somehow willing to process a pick up by UPS and send it a brand new one overnight free of charge...no questions asked. On top of that she extended my prime membership by one month. Man got gotta love amazon!!. Does anybody else have a story amazon (amazing) like this?
Please share. [emoji41]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj