Low Battery Auto Go Home

Reaction score
This feature does take some getting use to. You can get easily mislead if you don't know what to expect. For those of you that haven't read how it works, it references the supply amount currently in your battery with also your current height and distance from your Home Point. So, you can look at the new battery bar shown at the top of the screen and see it over 1/2 remaining. Then as your flying away from Home Point the bar's colors will shrinking and color changing quick, and all of a sudden it shows you have 1 minute from warning.

I flew my vPlus around a hour ago to check out some of the firmware changes. The battery feature had most of my attention. I saw I was getting close to the warning coming on and noticed it was showing 28% remaining. I began descending at full stick down to see in the rate of descent had increased any over the v3.04 firmware, and it did not. It stayed at 4.5-4.7mph. They said this was to have been changed and it would depend on a few variables such as current battery life and overall altitude. My copter wasn't in any predicaments which is why it staying at the 4.5mph area. So I get a rather generic looking popup message box that said I had about 1 minute until the Go Home option will get displayed. I closed that box and waited. I wanted it to happen sooner so I began climbing in altitude and 10 sec into it the red outer frame appeared along with the normal audio alarm. And a new message box appeared and it had a 10sec countdown timer that was activated and dropping down. Message display said it would be returning to Home Point unless I cancelled. I selected for it to return back to Home Point.

Ok now so I'm use to when doing a RTH when it reaches the 60ft area and hovers, I had always selected atti and then brought it down the rest of the way manually. But it is different now as it continued coming down instead of stopping at the atti switch point. So be prepared in knowing there will be some characteristic differences.

Btw, you can select to Not Use the Auto Go Home feature. But just know that selecting your alarm points are no longer a option in the assistant or anywhere else. Overall....I like the auto go home feature.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj