Love how they spin this as a negative for drones

Kinda weird to fly a drone to "blend in" --- I usually get stares when I fly my P3P at public parks, as well as some people come up to me and ask "is that a drone thingy?"

Reactions: Stevie_UK
Kinda weird to fly a drone to "blend in" --- I usually get stares when I fly my P3P at public parks, as well as some people come up to me and ask "is that a drone thingy?"

He was using his sUAS to surveil and pick his victims as well as give him a "Reason" to be in the park.

This is the perfect example of why adding the word DRONE to anything increases it's BUZZ APPEAL.

He was using his sUAS to surveil and pick his victims as well as give him a "Reason" to be in the park.

This is the perfect example of why adding the word DRONE to anything increases it's BUZZ APPEAL.

It just sounds weird when the news guy says "perp was flying the drone to look inconspicuous and blend into the background". Since when does a dude flying a really noisy toy aircraft that attracts attention "blend into the background"?

How come they never do a news story and indirectly blame the color of sneakers or type of pants a perp was wearing? "Why yes, the burglar was wearing black sneakers so that must somehow contribute to why this person was committing a crime". Somehow a person flying a drone is usually up to no good?

Reactions: Indiana_pyro
I have absolutely no problem with that news report. This is not anti drone, it is anti car break in.

The guy used the drone as a tool to commit crimes. There is nothing wrong with reporting that.

Get a thicker skin people, this is not going away. Drones, much like cars, guns, knives, ski masks, baby strollers, and cell phones are all tools to be used by thieves. If you are going to panic every time drones are mentioned in the news, you will be in a constant state of defensiveness over drones.

We need to promote the good things about drones, and if that happens, drones will be more accepted than they are today. We need to inform the media about drone searches, rescues, drones finding suspects, life saving deliveries, and all sorts of good things being done with drones.

I am positive on the future of individuals flying drones becoming more accepted. The more people know, the more they can report the idiots and not concern themselves with the rest of us.

You know what makes me crazy? The AWFUL writing skills at ABC's "O&O" in Philly. One out of four sentences that were not quotes suffered from grammatical errors.

Reading this grammar atrocity comes from within minutes of having to clean out the coffee machine at Network because at least one of the folks who write our national stories can't read the simple instructions on an AutoPOD unit. Probably the same idiot who puts the opened sugar packets back in the container from which he or she took them. Good grief, the stupidity is killing me.

But hey, we save a bundle of money on proofreaders, eh?

:eek:

It's bad everywhere. Here in Baton Rouge the local Channel 2 news station, WBRZ, has a website where a crew of trolls like to hang out and post in the comments. Just about every article posted has some error which these guys will point out in some mocking way. I enjoy going to the site, clicking on an article, reading it then scrolling through the comments to see how many errors others caught or what witty remarks they have.
It's almost like a game to proofread and point out how badly written articles are for these guys.

You know what makes me crazy? The AWFUL writing skills at ABC's "O&O" in Philly. One out of four sentences that were not quotes suffered from grammatical errors.

Reading this grammar atrocity comes from within minutes of having to clean out the coffee machine at Network because at least one of the folks who write our national stories can't read the simple instructions on an AutoPOD unit. Probably the same idiot who puts the opened sugar packets back in the container from which he or she took them. Good grief, the stupidity is killing me.

But hey, we save a bundle of money on proofreaders, eh?

:eek:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl