Lost signal message without losing signal

Reaction score
P3A, latest firmware and all, always calibrating etc. I flew in my summer house, 250m above the sea, open environment with the nearest village at 500m behind me. I use to fly straight to the sea, which is about 1100m straight ahead. The video feed is usually lost at around 1500, i.e. an extra 400m into the sea. This time, weather was good, minimal wind, no human activity nearby, and the video signal bars began to decrease very early. At 1000m distance, I got a lost signal message, while the controller signal was full. It did lag for some seconds, and before I pressed RTH, I realized that I still had control and that the video was not frozen. So, I pulled back and the signal bars began to increase again, but the red lost signal message persisted until I landed. I forgot to mention that I use the latest android app.
Also, a week ago, I flew near a beach community in Athens, and when I landed and changed the battery, I took off and it lost signal at no more than 150m away. I pressed RTH and I regained control and landed...

I have this happen all the time. Sometimes I will get a complete "no signal warning" even though I have full control and perfect video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You'll see in that video what I mean.

I'm guessing its some sort of firmware issue.

I had that same situation today...twice...at 300-400 ft...always had control...but it was scary nonetheless ( for a few seconds there.

By the way...also have latest firmware, calibrated. Using android galaxy note 4.

Same here....

I was landing and my P3P and was about 20' away from me when I got the lost signal warning message.

There was no loss of control at all and I made a spot landing without incident. I had just returned from a flight to 600M distance without incidence. No other issues during the rest of the day's flying.

:harry

Find a safe hover place. Back out of the DJI Pilot app and to the main screen and then go back in.

Had the "No Signal" warning after I did a mid-air gimbal calibration yesterday. No way to get rid of, while I still had video and control. Only landing and restarting the app solved it.

I have this happen all the time. Sometimes I will get a complete "no signal warning" even though I have full control and perfect video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You'll see in that video what I mean.

I'm guessing its some sort of firmware issue.
I had this happen when I launched in the vicinity of some high gain WiFi antennas that I use for a long range link. Happened to see it display No Signal but never lost control or FPV.

Nice video. How did you capture it?

I had this happen when I launched in the vicinity of some high gain WiFi antennas that I use for a long range link. Happened to see it display No Signal but never lost control or FPV.

Nice video. How did you capture it?

it's the standard recording feature on the Nvidia Shield

I've had that warning 3 times now while flying. What a pain.

Find a safe hover place. Back out of the DJI Pilot app and to the main screen and then go back in.
Can you back out to main screen or shut down app and go back in and still not lose control of P3P?...so it should stay put hovering or can you visually control it?

Thanks

Can you back out to main screen or shut down app and go back in and still not lose control of P3P?...so it should stay put hovering or can you visually control it?

Thanks

You can.
You can even unplug the usb.
You will still have full control of the phantom.
Just dont turn off the remote controller as this will trigger RTH.
Try in an open field if you want.

Even though it's a pain to experience, I'm glad to see that other people are getting the no-signal situation. Not intending to be mean spirited here, but it simply means that it's a system issue, not a one-person malfunction. I have found that if I get the red warning before take-off, restarting the P3 (while the app is on) or exiting and re-entering the app (while the P3 is on) seems to solve it. Even in mid-air, you can exit the app and go back in, and it will re-establish the signal. Or in most cases, we haven't really lost the signal anyway, so we can finish what we intended, and then land. As many posts here have mentioned, the phone/tablet/app situation seems to be the weakest link in a generally-good chain. Love the P3!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers