Lost Phantom3s Found it But it Rained Last Night HELP!!!

Reaction score
Late yesterday afternoon I was flying my bird at about 700'. Strong winds took it about 4500' away. Fortunately it landed safely in a farmer's field. It didn't crash. The unfortunate part is that it rained for quite a bit of the night. I was able to retrieve it this morning, but it is quite wet. Any suggestions on the best way to dry it out? I'm not thrilled about having to take the top case off.

Blow dryer first then submerge it in rice for a week depending on the temp. We used a couple bags of rice on my video camera when a friend slipped in the river and knocked over the tripod we had in the rapids. I'm still using that camera a year+ later. Rice will suck whatever moisture is in there, out of it.

Due to the motors opening and the air vents I am sure she got wet inside. Pull the battery and do not start it up until you are 100 % sure she is dry. If you have the heat on in your house put it over a floor register and let the hot are dry it for. A few days. Add a few more if you don't open and inspect. All you need is it warm to dry out. Patience is the best remedy here. If not dry it'll die if it's dry it'll fly.

Thank you everyone for your input. I have a house fan blowing on it to hopefully evaporate the moisture. If I feel ambitious I will open it. That's probably what should be done. I will let everyone know the outcome.

I would also open the shell to be sure that all the moisture is gone and because it dries much faster.
There is a Youtube movie that explains how top open the case:

I know it's similar to opening P3 a/p. Is there a you tube to open the the P3s?
Thank you!

Well, I did the best I could in drying the bird out without opening the case. Late afternoon today I took the bird out for a test flight. With fingers crossed all went well, from connecting to start up to calibration to take off and landing. Still fairly windy today so I didn't want to push my luck. I think I lucked out this time around.

Reactions: Reed L

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl