Lost DJI Phantom 4 found... what now?

Sounds like you now have a fixer upper or a donor drone for the less fortunate. I think you can find a buyer for some of the parts.

Thanks for trying to do the the right thing.

New Update..
Owner found and drone returned.
My friend and I was finally able to get enough information from the sim card to track down the owner.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    255.7 KB · Views: 318
New Update..
Owner found and drone returned.
My friend and I was finally able to get enough information from the sim card to track down the owner.

That’s just too cool, and you are very much the Man!

On my P3A, I have the FAA number stickered on, a “If found, please call XXX-XXX-XXXX” decal, and also a .txt file in the micro-card labeled “IF FOUND, check this file.”

FAA # is also embossed on a Marco Polo saddle bag transmitter holder.

Reactions: PhantomHero
Great job finding the owner and returning it. The world needs more people like you.

I have
"If Found Call
225-***-**** "
marked in sharpie on the bottom of my P3S under the battery. Some people will also include the word "reward" for extra incentive. I am more than happy to slap a hundred dollar bill in the hand of anyone who calls to return lost sUAS.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I have my FAA number on two sides of my drone and my cell number below the battery compartment. Wonder about putting a text file on the SD card with contact information also (I do that on all my flash drives). Great Story on finding the owner!

We received a nice response from the owner and thought I would share it with you....

I just wanted to thank you for recovering and returning my lost drone to me. When I lost my drone in Kincaid Lake my first thought was how I'd never see it again. I knew the drone was likely destroyed since it not only collided with the rock face, but also sank in the lake. I still hoped to dive and recover it just to be able to recover my video from the on-board SD card. unfortunately we weren't able to find it. I was super surprised when you contacted me and told me you had found it. Like I suspected, the damage to the drone was irreparable, but I was able to get my SD card back which still worked after months underwater! Thanks for finding it and for your sleuthing to locate me and return it out of the goodness of your heart!

-Trey

In every camera, my cell phones and all SD Cards, I take a photo of my business card with “REWARD IF RETURNED” at the bottom. So if found, finder at least knows who owned it. Of course the FBI, FAA do to.

You've got my respect for your efforts to locate the owner. Probably very few people would go to those lengths to find him. Even though his Phantom wasn't salvagable, speaking from personal experience, reuniting that Phantom with the owner is one of those moments he likely won't forget. My Phantom got lost and I didn't know where it was. It was found and returned to me by a kind soul who called me through my phone number that was attached to the drone. I didn't advertise any reward in my contact information, and she wasn't expecting one, but I didn't hesitate to gave her a reward because, in many ways, getting my drone back was priceless to me. I know I won't forget that experience anytime soon.

Thanks for all the kind words. We have been able to return several items over the years, but this was something a little unexpected.
Here are images of a few of the past items that we have returned....
IMG_7850.JPG.jpeg

I’m all labeled up as well. Great idea to put a “if found” file on the sd card.
IMG_2924.jpg

My FAA # and phone# are on the bird, gimbal, and battery.
And registered with ReclaimDrone.com

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT