Loss of signal

Reaction score
Having a problem with my P4 losing signal. It can be directly over my head and I get a weak signal and loss of video and a green screen. Just started doing it. No crashes etc. Any ideas what it could be or how to correct the problem?

Could be a number of things such as antenna orientation, particularly when flying overhead. If you are only losing video and not control signal, try going into the app and select a custom channel and wind your transmission rate down to 4mbps to make it easier on your device. With each app update, I found my iOS device was struggling with processing the data when flying so I cleared my video cache, selected a clean transmission channel and that fixed up most of my problems. I also junked the original controller antennas and fitted a boosted FPVLR setup and now the battery is the only limiting factor.

Yea, I have a problem with my p 3 se doing the same thing, except I can get a signal loss and disconnect sitting on the ground while standing about 10 feet away, seems this is common problem, which should not be,

I’m losing video and transmission. It doesn’t have to be over my head. No way to fly FPV anymore. My ipad may be loaded up with video. I can delete it if you think that would help. Antenna orientation is good.

Having a problem with my P4 losing signal. It can be directly over my head and I get a weak signal and loss of video and a green screen. Just started doing it. No crashes etc. Any ideas what it could be or how to correct the problem?
Directly overhead is the worst geometry for maintaining good signal which you get when the antennas in the controller and Phantom legs are parallel and facing each other.

I’m losing video and transmission. It doesn’t have to be over my head. No way to fly FPV anymore. My ipad may be loaded up with video. I can delete it if you think that would help. Antenna orientation is good.
I'd try getting rid of anything on your iPad that may be slowing it down, go into the dji app and make those transmission/channel changes and give that a crack. A number of older iPads and android devices do struggle with enough grunt to run the app so that may also be an issue.

Could be a number of things such as antenna orientation, particularly when flying overhead. If you are only losing video and not control signal, try going into the app and select a custom channel and wind your transmission rate down to 4mbps to make it easier on your device. With each app update, I found my iOS device was struggling with processing the data when flying so I cleared my video cache, selected a clean transmission channel and that fixed up most of my problems. I also junked the original controller antennas and fitted a boosted FPVLR setup and now the battery is the only limiting factor.

It was my cable. May I ask what kind of replacement antennas you are using? And how satisfied you are with them?

It was my cable. May I ask what kind of replacement antennas you are using? And how satisfied you are with them?
That’s good news with the cable, must admit I threw out my oem device cable and went for the short spiraled one that is tucked away out of reach. As for the FPVLR boosted set up, expensive ($500AUD fitted) but not many options over my way at the time. Remarkable improvement in both video and control signal and necessary in the heavily wooded area where I live.

Reactions: MTO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1