Loss of signal at 350ft

Reaction score
So I have a few questions and I’m new to drones. Lol sounds like every post. So I bought my drone last year. P3 standard. I had two issues with loosing signal and one time the drone was only about 20 foot away. But I was about 100 foot from a transformer so I thought it was interference. Then another time lost signal but there were regular power lines about 300 foot away. So I ended up installing the Agrtech antenna system. I’m an electronic tech so I’m pretty confident that my connections are good. Here’s the issue. I was just Flying in a huge empty parking lot and decided to fly across it. Got around 350 away(about 10 foot up) and lost signal. Started to climb to return and I just flipped it to ATTI mode and brought it back. So absolutely no interference and I had 12 satellites. BUT right before that I had gone up to 400 ft directly above me and no problem at all. So what is going on? Any ideas? Maybe one of the connections in the controller is not connected good????

Reactions: LarBear360
You were low. Could possibly be interference with itself; that is, the signal deflects off the ground and was being received out of phase with the primary signal which cancels each other out. See the fresnel zone wiki for details...

So I have a few questions and I’m new to drones. Lol sounds like every post. So I bought my drone last year. P3 standard. I had two issues with loosing signal and one time the drone was only about 20 foot away. But I was about 100 foot from a transformer so I thought it was interference. Then another time lost signal but there were regular power lines about 300 foot away. So I ended up installing the Agrtech antenna system. I’m an electronic tech so I’m pretty confident that my connections are good. Here’s the issue. I was just Flying in a huge empty parking lot and decided to fly across it. Got around 350 away(about 10 foot up) and lost signal. Started to climb to return and I just flipped it to ATTI mode and brought it back. So absolutely no interference and I had 12 satellites. BUT right before that I had gone up to 400 ft directly above me and no problem at all. So what is going on? Any ideas? Maybe one of the connections in the controller is not connected good????

This also just recently started happening to me using the IteLite DBS. Still searching for answers!

I'm returning to the last location this happened only I'm taking my stock controller this time.

Same thing happened to me. I can usually get out about 2500' and up to the 400' limit. Today I couldn't get above 100' or out farther than 300' without getting the out-of-range voice reminder. There were no big electrical items in the area, it was rural, and was flying out over a small lake. Because of the water I didn't want to push my luck. I had a clear line of sight. I'm going to try the same distances over land tomorrow to see if that has anything to do with it. I just ordered an ITELITE Range Booster ITE-DBS01.4 to see if that will help with distance.

Same thing happened to me. I can usually get out about 2500' and up to the 400' limit. Today I couldn't get above 100' or out farther than 300' without getting the out-of-range voice reminder. There were no big electrical items in the area, it was rural, and was flying out over a small lake. Because of the water I didn't want to push my luck. I had a clear line of sight. I'm going to try the same distances over land tomorrow to see if that has anything to do with it. I just ordered an ITELITE Range Booster ITE-DBS01.4 to see if that will help with distance.

Norman, there were some distance limitations that came along with the latest update to GO. I think all you need to do is sign out and then back in again to change the settings in the app.

Thank you. I did the update as you suggested and the distance range went right back to normal. I flew it at a height of 30-50 meters around the perimeter of a lake area with a max distance of 450 meters. It performed well with no glitches. Full 25 minutes on the battery. I'm going to fly it over land the next time to see how far it will go distance wise; I took it up to 130 meters today. . I will add a variable ND filter to the camera next trip. It was too bright for the camera to give me a good view through my iPad 2. Very hard to keep it in sight out past 300 meters. Have to fly by camera view.

Thank you. I did the update as you suggested and the distance range went right back to normal. I flew it at a height of 30-50 meters around the perimeter of a lake area with a max distance of 450 meters. It performed well with no glitches. Full 25 minutes on the battery. I'm going to fly it over land the next time to see how far it will go distance wise; I took it up to 130 meters today. . I will add a variable ND filter to the camera next trip. It was too bright for the camera to give me a good view through my iPad 2. Very hard to keep it in sight out past 300 meters. Have to fly by camera view.

Very nice! Impressive distance. You will go even further with the Itelite.

I lose sight at around 500' (152 meters). I get cold feet and hit reverse!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj