Loss of signal 100ft out

Reaction score
I have had range issues constantly and I live in a mostly open area. Today i was just 3 ft off the ground and 10 ft away from the drone when it said Lost signal and returning home... instead of going up it flipped upside down and hit the ground. now it will not go over 150ft up or in distance without loosing signal and returning home. At the point of 50ft above home it gives me very little signal. I have tried firmware updates and re-pairing the controller and the drone nothing is working. I did order the range extender kit but i don't think that is the issue. I have checked the controller antenna wires and all seem good and secure. Any ideas?

You don't specify if your unit is a 3PS or not, but I have two of them and one did something similar the other day - it wouldn't go past a certain point horizontally (and it was not in "beginner" mode, either).

Were you getting any warnings such as "Weak controller signal" on your video display during any of those short-range-limited flights? I found that I could correct the problem by doing a handheld RC controller-to-aircraft re-link. I know you said you already did this but you might try it again. It took me a couple of tries to get it right.

@Brandonsoto
Welcome to the Forum!

First question as been asked.
You do have a P3 Standard ?

Second question.
Did this unit every work correctly?

Rod

You don't specify if your unit is a 3PS or not, but I have two of them and one did something similar the other day - it wouldn't go past a certain point horizontally (and it was not in "beginner" mode, either).

Were you getting any warnings such as "Weak controller signal" on your video display during any of those short-range-limited flights? I found that I could correct the problem by doing a handheld RC controller-to-aircraft re-link. I know you said you already did this but you might try it again. It took me a couple of tries to get it right.
Yes it is a Phantom 3 standard it says good signal on take off and then it says weak signal and then signal lost. RTH activates and it returns home. Signal returns at 70 feet or so.

I think you have a defective unit.

"Today i was just 3 ft off the ground and 10 ft away from the drone when it said Lost signal and returning home... instead of going up it flipped upside down and hit the ground."
This I don't get what would have caused this.

Before this flip over it was flyable but not as advertised, now you can throw it farther than you can fly it?

Rod

I bought a tool set so I can open it up and check the antenna connection in the drone it's self. It will arrive Tuesday.

Sounds like a good plan.

Rod

Did the problem exist before you installed a range extender (I assume you did install one from your first post ("I did order the range extender kit but i don't think that is the issue....") If you did install the extender, I would try removing it and putting things back to the way they were prior to it's installatyion. Then test fly the unit again, making notes of what it does. what you did vis-a-vis control inputs, settings, etc., and what you see the drone do. Then report all of that to whoever you are sending the drone to for repairs.

Did the problem exist before you installed a range extender (I assume you did install one from your first post ("I did order the range extender kit but i don't think that is the issue....") If you did install the extender, I would try removing it and putting things back to the way they were prior to it's installatyion. Then test fly the unit again, making notes of what it does. what you did vis-a-vis control inputs, settings, etc., and what you see the drone do. Then report all of that to whoever you are sending the drone to for repairs.
That's a negative on the installation of the range extender. I ordered it and it should be here Monday

Hey Brandon Soto ! I have had almost the exact same issue with mine! It was getting 2500ft out no problem ! Then one day I updated software .. since then now it loses remote signal 400ft away ! I have done everything. From downgrading software !! I even took the remote apart checked the connections ! I have re linked the drone ! All I know is if you figure it out please share the info lol! I have given up on mine It just collects dust now ..

Hey Brandon Soto ! I have had almost the exact same issue with mine! It was getting 2500ft out no problem ! Then one day I updated software .. since then now it loses remote signal 400ft away ! I have done everything. From downgrading software !! I even took the remote apart checked the connections ! I have re linked the drone ! All I know is if you figure it out please share the info lol! I have given up on mine It just collects dust now ..
550 bucks is a lot to spend just to have it collect dust less than a week later. Right now I am very displeased with DJI, I hope I can get this resolved

Reactions: Macphreak4evr
I heard that man I spent 500 on mine ! I'm a poor man so 500 was some. If die to spend on it ! I sold a 4 wheeler to get it!! Anyway when I bought mine I almost bought the blade chroma and someone told me .. try a DJI it's the same almost god way less . Boy do I wish I wouldn't have listened lol anyway if one of us resolves the problem I believe it would work for both possibly !! Oh and by the way I was told one other thing that can cause this .. the main board in the bird itself !! It's over $100.00 for it so I know I sure don't want to take a chance !! Just thought I would share the info!

I have it boxed back up and ready to send back to the company.... I got it on the 19th of this month so they should either refund my money or send me a new one. I am emailing them back and forth but have to wait till the weekend is over to get a reply

im in the same boat, P3s, new on the 20th july 17, returned 20th july 17, replacement arrived, 26th july 17, same problems.. I think its the new firmware. screwing everyone. i did notice this, on the go app, in the settings, there is a "range limit" that is slid to enabled, turn it off and see if it helps, i can go far (always line of site for me because video feed sucks ) but RC to AC signal is great.

Are you talking about this !!
d12df7b32bc0c5876195b6af75616106.jpg

Reactions: Macphreak4evr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan