losing video on iphone with Litchi app

Reaction score
I keep losing my video on the litchi app with the iphone 5s what seems to be the problem? is it the phone or is it the app? and is there a way to put the litchi app on both with out paying twice?

You have'nt mentioned what type of phantom platform you are using. It may be an antenna orientation issue with your controller or possibly the video settings you have in the app. The iPhone 5S is getting a bit long in the tooth for its processing power and there are many threads regarding older devices struggling to keep up with the grunt required to run either Litchi or the DJI app. You can download Litchi, once you have paid for it, a number of times to the same OS, either iOS or android, but not both together.

You have'nt mentioned what type of phantom platform you are using. It may be an antenna orientation issue with your controller or possibly the video settings you have in the app. The iPhone 5S is getting a bit long in the tooth for its processing power and there are many threads regarding older devices struggling to keep up with the grunt required to run either Litchi or the DJI app. You can download Litchi, once you have paid for it, a number of times to the same OS, either iOS or android, but not both together.
Its the P4p. And thats what I was worried about with the 5s Im working on getting the 8plus but im running out of phones and pads hope it will last till I can get the phone. I have a android that I use for work but I'm not spending another 25.00 for a Android thats not mine.

Its the P4p. And thats what I was worried about with the 5s Im working on getting the 8plus but im running out of phones and pads hope it will last till I can get the phone. I have a android that I use for work but I'm not spending another 25.00 for a Android thats not mine.
Fair call, I'm using an iPhone 6+ that I have clean out from time to time to keep the apps running. Have you tried in the meantime going into your HD settings in the app and dropping your transmission rate to something like 4 Mbps? Less processing work for your device to manage and maybe delete any other junk on your phone to help the app along.

Fair call, I'm using an iPhone 6+ that I have clean out from time to time to keep the apps running. Have you tried in the meantime going into your HD settings in the app and dropping your transmission rate to something like 4 Mbps? Less processing work for your device to manage and maybe delete any other junk on your phone to help the app along.
thats the proplem I don't have anytning that I can take off the phone. Iwill have to drop the transmission down Ithink I only have 16gb on the 5s when I get the 8 I'm going to 32 or 64.

thats the proplem I don't have anytning that I can take off the phone. Iwill have to drop the transmission down Ithink I only have 16gb on the 5s when I get the 8 I'm going to 32 or 64.
Give the HD settings a try and it should help, definitely when running the DJI GO4 app in my case. There have been a number of posts complaining about iOS 11.2/3 on post iPhone 5S devices, so when you get your iPhone 8, just make sure you can run the GO app properly. Should be ok on a clean purchase but just a heads up.

Give the HD settings a try and it should help, definitely when running the DJI GO4 app in my case. There have been a number of posts complaining about iOS 11.2/3 on post iPhone 5S devices, so when you get your iPhone 8, just make sure you can run the GO app properly. Should be ok on a clean purchase but just a heads up.

I think I might have it. I was in 2.4 not 5.8 and it was in auto for the transmission i changed it to the 4Mbps will give that a try and if that don't work I just did the 32 changle down load on Dji app and will try THAT and if that don't work will put it in the closet till the 8 comes.Hope something works don't want to put it in the closet

I think I might have it. I was in 2.4 not 5.8 and it was in auto for the transmission i changed it to the 4Mbps will give that a try and if that don't work I just did the 32 changle down load on Dji app and will try THAT and if that don't work will put it in the closet till the 8 comes.Hope something works don't want to put it in the closet
Well that will certainly help in urban areas and maybe custom selecting a clean channel as well. My boosted amp setup on my P4 destroys about 6 adjacent channels so I'm down the end on Ch 20 where it's quiet. Sounds like you are onto it.

lot of research and I happen to come a cross the 32 down load so what do I have to lose ( just the bird ) it going to be about 12 degrees here tomorrow so I will have to weight till Saturday to give it a try

These up grade annt are they any good? The one you have to go in and redo.
I have a FPVLR boosted setup that I installed to overcome the dense forest where I fly. Standard penetration distance was 500 meters and now an easy 1000 meters and in the open, the battery is the limit without any loss of video or control signal. Best investment I've made, although I had to get another carry box to carry the controller due to the size of the antenna arrangement.

I have a p3s and just recently acquired an issue with both pitching and djigo crashing on my Samsung tab A. It only started happening after I did an update on the tablet.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled both apps. Same original versions. I also did a full factory reset on tab and reinstalled apps and still crashed.
I do have a boosted controller on this. Itelelite antenna and amps on Both 2.4 and 5.8. I never had any issues with this set up until no did the stupid update on the tab. 2 weeks now with no flying. Ready to smash the tablet so I have to buy something newer.
What is this HD setting your referring to? I will try anything.

Thanks
Mike

I just looked and the tin app is 3.1.22 and firmware is 1.8.10
Should I update or change anything.

I have a p3s and just recently acquired an issue with both pitching and djigo crashing on my Samsung tab A. It only started happening after I did an update on the tablet.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled both apps. Same original versions. I also did a full factory reset on tab and reinstalled apps and still crashed.
I do have a boosted controller on this. Itelelite antenna and amps on Both 2.4 and 5.8. I never had any issues with this set up until no did the stupid update on the tab. 2 weeks now with no flying. Ready to smash the tablet so I have to buy something newer.

Thanks
Mike
HD is one of the settings in the app. Top right hand corner in camera view, tap the the three dots. Scroll down til you see HD, tap that. You should be able to see your channel and transmission rate settings (not 100% sure with a PS3 as it has its own wifi channel to run on). If you have the option in your transmission rate (video), turn it down to 4 Mbps. You are trying to reduce the workload on your device when DJI is running. Also make sure nothing else is running in the background such as other apps etc. Recent updates to both OS and iOS are giving a lot of people grief as the processing power to run them is killing apps like DJI.

Thanks
Mike
google 32 channel DJI it should come up I will see if i can find it, Do you have the DJI assistant 2? if you do it will work.

Did you take your transmission rate down to 4 Mbps take it off of auto I'm not familiar with the P3. I'm just trying my best here so bare with me. I took mine down to the 4 Mbps and mine did good today on litchi. I did not try the DJI app yet maybe tomorrow.

I don’t have dji assistant. I don’t think!
Lol
I will look that up
Thanks
Kike
I don't think you can use the 32 channel hack on wifi drones. They certainly work with later phantoms that have lightbridge/ocusync controllers that have a number of channels loaded and can be extended. PS3 units use just the one wifi channel. I also suspect that you can't use the Assistant2 software either. Could be wrong.
Updates, settings etc are done solely through the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga