Losing Signal

Reaction score
Good Evening All

I have a little issue with my phantom 4. I lose signal to the drone at a distance of only about 150m. I have flown it further in the past, maybe 250m at most but started to have issues. Losing signal at 200m, now I just tried in my garden and only managed about 150m. Any suggestions? Does it help if your phone/tablet is connected to the Internet etc?

Thanks for any help

Good Evening All

I have a little issue with my phantom 4. I lose signal to the drone at a distance of only about 150m. I have flown it further in the past, maybe 250m at most but started to have issues. Losing signal at 200m, now I just tried in my garden and only managed about 150m. Any suggestions? Does it help if your phone/tablet is connected to the Internet etc?

Thanks for any help
Ok losing signal as in RTH happens or still have control but live transmission is lost,,see if relink will bring it right,

Did relinking help ,,this makes sure it paired nicely,,what onscreen prompt do you get when it happens,,aircraft disconnected,,

Really sorry to sound like a massive novice here, I guess I am though. But can you please describe relinking to me, and how you do it etc

Ok power all up,,go into general settings under the RC logo,,once you press link rc it will star beeping till you press the flashing link light bottom of drone,,it gives you 60 sec to do this or it times out and you have to start again,,,,follow prompts it's very easy and I been here for while and still learning so dont be shy with any questions
Screenshot_20200827-085131.jpg

It's late here now, and probably rain tomorrow so may be a couple days before I can test but will get back to you :) thank you.

Do drones ever have poor signal in areas where phones do? Because my house is awful for phone signal and wondered if they worked off of similar things

It's late here now, and probably rain tomorrow so may be a couple days before I can test but will get back to you :) thank you.

Do drones ever have poor signal in areas where phones do? Because my house is awful for phone signal and wondered if they worked off of similar things
Not really ,some wifi drones like p3s range do have some issues sometimes but once the app is loaded on your device you dont need any phone reception to fly,,phantom 3 range has there own wifi module so it can talk with drone,,the p4 uses lightbridge which far better than wifi that's why you use USB cord from rc to device,its very stable when right,,could be couple things why signal bad but start with the link and test when you can,,good luck I be watching for any updates

a friend of mine had similar problems, one day he joined me for a days flying and I noticed that he had the antenna tips pointing directly to the drone, after I told him about it he flew again with the flat sides of the antennas facing the drone and he couldn't believe the difference,
just a thought

Now I am getting remote controller connection error.
It also won't let me do the linking until I confirm frequency settings and I don't even know what that means.

Any suggestions?

Apologies

Attachments

• IMG_20200829_163619.jpg
    IMG_20200829_163619.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 95
Not really ,some wifi drones like p3s range do have some issues sometimes but once the app is loaded on your device you dont need any phone reception to fly,,phantom 3 range has there own wifi module so it can talk with drone,,the p4 uses lightbridge which far better than wifi that's why you use USB cord from rc to device,its very stable when right,,could be couple things why signal bad but start with the link and test when you can,,good luck I be watching for any updates

So to update: I updated the firmware, relinked the control and drone, oriented the aerials better and tried it in a wide open space. I periodically got weak signal above 200m, and aircraft disconnected completely just before 300m. Improvement, but I believe less than its supposed to be

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav