Loose Square Component

Reaction score
So I recently bought a used Phantom 3 Standard on Ebay and I noticed that a square component is loose in the battery compartment. The wire that goes into it is still intact. What is this component and is this a problem if it is lose? If it is a problem is it easy/cheap to fix?

Thank you so much!
1.jpg

Its 1 of the wifi recivers ,,one each side,,just hot glue back in,should see approx mark where it was,,if not hot glue, mayby velcro or strong double sided tape it been fine....I actually modified mine while back and had them outside the body,it helped with my lack of signal issue

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Millersnutz
I have noticed that when I fly it, it does not seem stable in flight. Would this contribute to this or should I just re calibrate the IMU and Compass?

Yip that will make sure all sensors are fully working as should,,also inspect the props,they can contribute and or cause phantom to be unsteady,
No being loose wont make drone unstable but it could snap wire if movements are very sudden, and rattle,,,sounds like compass needs doin.
Um always comes up in yellow in status on start up (compass)..just because it does this it's normal,, if flys bit not nice yes recalibration is called for if your props all ok,,it not need foin everytime you start up

In order to fix it you have to take the unit apart. As soon as you do this you void the return clause at ebay. I have purchased used p3's and have sent three back. My policy is if any thing is wrong, send it back. The last p3 I purchased on ebay was refurbished, paid $400 and boy was a different. Like new. The average price for a used I paid about $320 plus freight. Refurbished free freight.
I'm a sec 107 pilot and now have 4 p3's std.

Well it does seem to be flying fine now that I calibrated the IMU and compass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1