Loose connection after litchi crash...

Reaction score
Hi all i use a Ph3a with litchi and fly really well.....so yesterday very far away from me i pushed on the Rc the Rth button and at the same moment the application showed the pop-up for the automatic Rth....maybe the 2 actions make the mistake and the app crashed....The problem is that i never regained the connection....i tried to shut down the device and re-open the app but also a few meter( after 9 min thrilling with no connection) was impossible to connect with the aircraft.....do you have and suggestion to regai connection during the flight? I did'nt shut down the Rc...maybe this has been my fault yesterday....
Thx
Andrea

maybe the 2 actions make the mistake and the app crashed....The problem is that i never regained the connection..
Without seeing the flight logs, one can only guess that what happened. You can upload the log to the link below. Instructions are on the link.
If you would like others to look, place a link back here to the uploaded log.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help

Hi all i use a Ph3a with litchi and fly really well.....so yesterday very far away from me i pushed on the Rc the Rth button and at the same moment the application showed the pop-up for the automatic Rth....maybe the 2 actions make the mistake and the app crashed....The problem is that i never regained the connection....i tried to shut down the device and re-open the app but also a few meter( after 9 min thrilling with no connection) was impossible to connect with the aircraft.....do you have and suggestion to regai connection during the flight? I did'nt shut down the Rc...maybe this has been my fault yesterday....
Thx
Andrea
I take it the AC never made it back? How far away was it when you hit RTH? At what altitude?

Litchi would not have had any effect on your connection. The RC and AC will re-connect on their own when within range. At that point the pilot has the option of cancelling the RTH and take control manually or let the RTH play out and auto-land.

It's been a while since I've flown with Litchi, but it sounds like your pop up on the app was a confirmation of your command. The app doesn't trigger RTH.

If the AC is lost, and you want some help figuring out what went wrong, you will need your flight log. Here is a site that will help you with that. DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help

Once it's uploaded, post a link back here and these guys can help you.

You may have been exceptionally unlucky- that is you pressed the RTH button after auto RTH had engaged effectively cancelling the RTH. If signal wasn’t regained after that point you wouldn’t have known the AC just hovered in position untill performing an autoland when critical battery level was reached. I would search at the last known position. Good luck.

The Ac was back after 9 minutes...was 4.3km away and then back home safely.....my question is Why a few meter when the Ac was in autolanding due to the Rth the Ac and Rc have no regained connection..... Other time i did long fly more than 4km (in mountain and no populated zone) with perfect connection every time with 100% signal score on Airdata...

that is you pressed the RTH button after auto RTH had engaged effectively cancelling the RTH.
That was my "guess" as well. But I hate to guess when it's possible to confirm. ( Note, I said possible )..;)

Why a few meter when the Ac was in autolanding due to the Rth the Ac and Rc have no regained connection.
See post # 2....and we can help you find out. You may have only lost downlink momentarily but without seeing the data we can't answer your question.

I'm trying but the .csv i'm downloding from Airdata doesn't work....i will try to take the log from the Rc.....

I'm trying but the .csv i'm downloding from Airdata doesn't work
An easier way is to make your Airdata FULLY sharable, such that the .csv can be downloaded. Once you do that, share a link to the airdata record here.

All I can tell you from this data, is what you already mentioned. You initiated RTH at 348.5 seconds in to the flight. 3.3 seconds later at 351.9 seconds is where you lost signal. NOTE: This may have been only downlink but there is no way to tell from this data. Other than that, everything looks normal. I can't answer the question regarding why the AC/RC did not re-connect when in range to do so. I will ask you this however. When you lost signal, did you look at the RC status light?

I extracted and converted the log from the aircraft but unable to load the Txt on the Log viewer....i can attach here in Fly Dawg have time to take a look....

Attachments

• FLY179.log.txt
    72.3 KB · Views: 172

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj