Loose Battery??

Reaction score
Hi, my first post

I purchased a dji phantom 3 standard and on its maiden voyage it appeared to completely loose power and fall from the sky! I’ve sent to drone doctor and after £250 repair bill it’s due back next week. I’ve read a few stories about the batteries becoming loose and causing this sort of thing, what’s your experiences with this type of issue?
Also could you recommend any training courses etc?
Many thanks for your help.
Ady

Welcome to the forum!

Was this brand new?

Batteries falling out, from my memory this was talk on Phantom 2's.

Do you know that the battery did actually pop out in flight?

There maybe some data on your mobile device (Your Flight Log) that may have some useful info.

Rod

Reactions: N017RW
+1 with Rod.

Always verify the battery snaps into the retainer clips/latches, etc.

Reactions: RodPad
Hi Rod,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes this was new (purchased from a guy who had it bought for him as a birthday present but never used it). Not sure if it was the battery, just an assumption. I have checked flight log but nothing on it. The drone was in beginner mode, would that cause issues?

Ady

Good morning and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your experience.

I have not heard of any issues with batteries popping out of the Phantom 3. There have been reports with the Phantom 4. Those clips on the Phantom 3 battery are pretty tight and solid. If anything I have had issues removing the battery, Always make sure that both the top and bottom clips are secure before flying. Hold the battery from the sides and try pulling on it before you fly just to make sure it is secure.

As to training, watch lots of video online, read the entire manual, and see if you can find an experienced pilot in your area. It would help if you update your profile with your location so that everyone knows where you're located.

'I have checked flight log but nothing on it. "
With what utility?

Rod

I was using my iPhone X with the app, is that correct?

I’ll be honest, I have very little experience and knowledge with Drones (as you can probably tell)

Well I use a iPad something, and my iPhone is a seven something, I will update my sig soon on my Phantom iPad.

Oh, I hate crApples in many ways, but anyways.....

Your going to have to use iTunes to get the data files from your crApple, yeah an android is much easier.

Upload your file to this link @msinger phantom help: DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

Share the results url here if you got any questions.

If I can't figure it out, others will.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20