Looking to possibly upgrade from a p3a

Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to read this and any advice is more than appreciated

I currently have a p3a and a p3a. I gave the p3s to my 7 year old stepson and am looking to sell the p3a and upgrade. Problem is, I don't know what I want to get.
I've looked at the inspire, p4p and the typhoon h.
The inspire would be great but at 3k it's a little out of my league for a hobby.

Speed is not of any real importance, since I've never pushed the p3a. More important to me are the quality and longevity of the craft itself, picture quality; and ease of use.
One of the things that bothered me the most on the p3a was updating the craft and the general difficult time that I've had dealing with dji customer/tech support.
I've not followed the industry much to know.if there is anything else out there to compete.

Again any input will be very helpful.

Another option to consider is the DJI Mavic. It's still a DJI product, but it's usually easy to find help with Phantoms or Mavics in these forums. Assuming the issues you're running into are caused by a lack of understanding and not bad hardware, you should be able to fix most things on your own with the help of pilots here.

I first saw a mavic in person at a go kart race a few weeks ago. I must say I was very impressed. Extremely stable hover, very responsive and most of all very quiet. If I was in the market for a new drone this would be my choice.

My concern with a mavic is wind.
20-25 mph wind is pretty normal in my area. The p3 has some issues staying level at times. I would think the mavic to be the same or worse? Or am I wrong?

I don't think the Mavic is any worse (or better) in the wind than a Phantom. If you want something that's more stable, then pick up an Inspire (maybe even a used Inspire 1).

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
In our club - the Mavic is grounded by wind long before any of our Phantoms.

I have to say that I do look at the Yuneec at times but have heard some problems .... seems no matter what brand - you get problems !

My P3P satisfies me so far ... and until it falls apart - will stagger on.

Nigel

Reactions: macoman
In our club - the Mavic is grounded by wind long before any of our Phantoms.

I have to say that I do look at the Yuneec at times but have heard some problems .... seems no matter what brand - you get problems !

My P3P satisfies me so far ... and until it falls apart - will stagger on.

Nigel
Agreed, this is why DJI command over 80% of market share of the drone industry. Not matter the brand you look to it... Everyone have issues. DJI drones have much better quality and the range surpass the competition. I am currently satisfied with my standard. I am looking to upgrade in the future to a phantom 3 advanced or professional. I will not going to spend a lot of money in new DJI drones, I may upgrade to refurbished quality. It is not worthy to spend a lot of money in a new DJI drones when the customer service sucks. I hear stories that even if you paid for extra support or what they called, DJI care... They will give you headaches, before a new replacement.

Last edited:
Reactions: tvernace
I considered a used inspire 1, the big reason im passing there is the tap to fly feature. Flying with a 7 year old, makes that an attractive feature, despite the fact that I prefer more hands on control when I fly. The inspire 1 definitely wins the department of build quality and longevity though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20