Looking for landing pad that'll fit into flight case

Reaction score
I have this case:

DJI Phantom 4 3 1080P Pro Adv RC Drone Aluminum Carrying Case Bag US ship

And am looking for a foldable landing pad that will fit in there. I don't want to put it on top of the props in the case either.
Anyone doing this and can confirm it fits in one of the compartments?
Open to other ideas as well, I had considered a children's board game that folds down to 1/4 its size.
Just something to keep the gimbal out of the grass when taking off and landing.

Reactions: BigAl07 and Oso
I bought a thin MDF board from Home Depot and cut it exactly the same size as my case, so it fits between insulation and the lid. Sanded down the edges, painted black and added a DJI sticker in the middle for a more refined look. Perfect for takeoffs on rough terrain, require some precision for landings as it's not too big.

Hmmm, so it sounds like any landing pad is going to be a separate case to carry (like the above amazon link) or put it on top of the drone in the case, which I'm not excited about. Don't want to bend the props.

Hmmm, so it sounds like any landing pad is going to be a separate case to carry (like the above amazon link) or put it on top of the drone in the case, which I'm not excited about. Don't want to bend the props.

As I said, I keep mine between the FOAM and the LID of the case, so there is no direct contact with the drone. As for bending the props... I personally would not even store the P3S with the props on unless the case is specifically designed for that, and with that I mean that the AC is held down by the arms. In the hard-case you listed, the foam on the lid has no specific shape, so it pushes down on whatever sticks out more: if you keep the props on, that would be them.

here's another idea
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I took a moderate heavy gauge carpet and cut a piece that fits dimensions of the case. Being carpet - it is kind to the gear that sits under it ... so I pack gear in ... close the straps over the P3 ... place carpet on top and close case ...

Easy to clean ... light enough not to be a burden ... fits the case ....

It has to be at least medium weight carpet though to avoid 'blow-aways' when landing.

Nigel

Good ideas guys, appreciated!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.