Looking for earlier FC200 firmware for P2V. Not 1.1.9

Reaction score
I am looking for earlier firmware for the FC200 EGG camera/wifi unit that comes with the P2V, Not the plus version. I am one of those unfortunate souls that have lost live feed, though I can get it back for moments at a time. SO if I have to bite the bullet, I might as well try everything first. I am looking for earlier .bin files... either 1.1.6, 1.1.8 or so. If you have these on disk, and would be willing to email me a copy, please send to...

[email protected].

Thank you.

Not sure if this will help. I am going to try flashing it later today. I am hesitant, since apparently the FC200 can be bricked during an update. However, flying blind is not much fun either. I really wish that DJI would step up and address this whole "no FPV" issue with the updated P2V. There are way too many people experiencing the exact same issue.

http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom-2-vision/FC200_firmware.zip

The filename has no version, but the version.txt file inside the zip says: v1.1.8

I will report back after I try flashing it.

Downgrading the firmware won't fix the issue as the later app versions are designed for the later camera versions, you could however Google the name droneslinger software , the guy has a page full of early android versions of the app that you could try

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the heads up Crash. So there is no definitive fix for the FPV black screen?

I suppose that I should be thankful that I haven't bricked my extender yet at least. I still have telemetry and camera control. I am really disgusted with the lack of transparency and support from DJI for these issues. Go on any RC board or forum and you can find countless posts from people having the same issues.

I've had the same problem! The FPV just stopped working one day when I done some updates, I can't even get any telemetry or control the gimbal! It's pretty poor of Dji but they seem to have wiped their hands of it now!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I can get the telemetry back by rebinding the wifi extender to the camera using the qr-code and the DJI Vision app. But live camera FPV is gone. I can't believe that it is hardware either. It was working fine 6 months ago, and then sat in the box. I got it out about a month ago. When I started the app, it wanted to update the extender. I have not had camera preview since. Many others are reporting the same thing. The way I see it, DJI forced an update, ruined my product, and now refuses to address it. Classy, not!

That's is pretty much identical circumstances to me, was working perfect last July/August! Got it back out about a month ago, updated all the software and now no FPV! I can pick up the wifi extender on my iPhone's wifi, when I try to bind it, it then disconnects my phone and I have to completely reset the extender again, I made the mistake of throwing my box away so don't have the egg cameras MAC address but not sure it would make any difference really! Maybe a consumer ploy to get people to buy a new Phantom! It flies and pics up satellites wit green led's but it's a bit crap not having FPV. Another thing I've noticed is that I've got a tilt control lever on the back of my controller, it has stopped working and every time I use the Dji tool to reset it back to the zemuse type control it then reverts straight back after switching it off and on again! It can only be software related, on the balance of probabilities everyone can't have a hardware malfunction roughly at the same time going by the massive amount of posts I've seen with this same issue! Surprised no one has taken Dji to court over this!

There IS a way to recreate the qr-code, and at least get your telemetry back. See this post:

How to create a QR code

That's is pretty much identical circumstances to me, was working perfect last July/August! Got it back out about a month ago, updated all the software and now no FPV! I can pick up the wifi extender on my iPhone's wifi, when I try to bind it, it then disconnects my phone and I have to completely reset the extender again, I made the mistake of throwing my box away so don't have the egg cameras MAC address but not sure it would make any difference really! Maybe a consumer ploy to get people to buy a new Phantom! It flies and pics up satellites wit green led's but it's a bit crap not having FPV. Another thing I've noticed is that I've got a tilt control lever on the back of my controller, it has stopped working and every time I use the Dji tool to reset it back to the zemuse type control it then reverts straight back after switching it off and on again! It can only be software related, on the balance of probabilities everyone can't have a hardware malfunction roughly at the same time going by the massive amount of posts I've seen with this same issue! Surprised no one has taken Dji to court over this!

Thanks for that link, I'll have to give that a go although I can't find that InSSIDer app! Wondering if Net Analyzer will show the cameras MAC address!?!

I used a free app on Android, Wifi Analyzer. I have no idea what to use on iOS.

The camera doesn't have an SSID, so it shows up nameless. It also will not broadcast unless the range extender is also on. They will be on the same channel. Good luck.

Thanks for that link, I'll have to give that a go although I can't find that InSSIDer app! Wondering if Net Analyzer will show the cameras MAC address!?!

P2V have black screen and have a line on some brand new in box FC200 - if using android app 1.0.61 and install new camera will this solve the black screen issue - it’s my understanding that the board that’s bricked is in the camera - any help is appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic